Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Final Thoughts on XIII-2

Now that XIII-2 has been out for a few months and we have been given time to retrospect, what do you think? How does this fall among the rest of the series?

I think it was much, much better than XIII. I could actually see myself maybe playing this game again someday (but probably won't). Serah wasn't horrible as a main character and I really liked Noel. I think if you replaced FFXIII with this game's mechanics I wouldn't have had as big a problem with XIII. Also replace Snow with Noel.

Still, the AI party in a turn-based battle system does bug me. And the story for this game was more ludicrous and unnecessary than your average video game. Even looking back, I just don't see this 'fitting' with the rest of the series. Not even as much as X-2 did.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I'll give you my final thoughts once I finish it with the aid of milliegoesbeep's walkthrough!

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

the credits are rolling right now and i really liked it actually!

were people upset about that ending? i thought it was pretty great. i agree that noel was actually a really good character, which is not something i expected at the beginning.

this was way better than ff13, but its not a standalone game really, so i'm not sure how i can judge it all just yet.

i thought the story here made a lot more sense than in ff13... but i'm wondering how they're going to tie it all up. i have a feeling the next one's gonna be really dark.

anyway i have a lot to say about this game, but i'll leave it for my round 3 editorial or whatever it is

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I agree that Noel was a great character. He had substance, relevance, and an interesting backstory. Much more interesting than Serah.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum