Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hospitals

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Visiting my grandmother was the last visit, methinks. Probably a few times before that too.

Never needed the hospital, me.

*touch wood*

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Never been to one for myself, but I have for older relatives and normal occurrences like childbirth. My sister was in the hospital for pneumonia when she was very young, but she wasn't in any mortal peril.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I was in the hospital a few weeks ago to visit my uncle.

As a patient, I was last in a hospital maybe a couple of years ago for a CT scan. The last time I was admitted was sophomore year of college, when I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease. I was in the hospital for 5 days, which was not fun. But the nurse brought me a TV I could hook my PS2 into (the existing room TV was hanging from the ceiling in a corner) and I played FFXII, which had just come out that week.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto View Post
    I was admitted to the hospital on Friday, and I stayed overnight because I experienced some terrible pain at the side of my chest/stomach. Had some x-rays taken and they tested my blood and all that. Plus it was pretty tedious and boring most of the time because I was waiting when they'll get to me. Afterward, I spent 2 hours walking because my phone died and I couldn't reach my mom to pick me up. :/
    Sorry to hear that you were in the hospital. Don't you have to visit the hospital frequently for your dialysis treatments? I imagine that if you have to go there a lot that the hospital becomes a routine place. I, myself, rarely visit the hospital and I have a lot of family in the healthcare industry, so I find it an interesting place, to say the least. I imagine that charm would wear off should something bad happen to me or if I was required to be there on a regular basis.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Roogle, I go to a dialysis center for my treatments which isn't part of the hospital itself. If this was the case, I didn't have to walk 2 hours just to get to the center from the hospital.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Blog Entries

Lets see here...

Me: Cat scan for a concussion, X-rays on arm/wrist.

Visiting:
    My mom has had a few minor sinus surgery's over the last 20 years didn't really visit her for that but when she had her Gallbladder removed, Gastric Bypass, and a full Hysterectomy she was in the hospital for days (NOTE: She didn't have these done all at once.) Those were the only times i went to the hospital to visit anyone.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I just visited a friend in the hospital last friday.

Other than that I've been in so many hospitals the past 4 years it's ridiculous. Last actual visit for me was in February. I frequently am at my doctors office though. I go there at LEAST once a month. Through all my trials and tribulations I've at least learned how to manage being sick all the time so I don't have to make hospital visits cause that trout gets expensive. I manage it enough to just have to make doctor's office runs.

I hope everything is alright with you Proooot. Please stay healthy!

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Went the beginning of this month once because we got into a car accident on our way home from a family reunion. It wasn't major, we struck a puddle going 50 mph on the expressway and hit the wall head on as a result of hydroplaning, no other cars were involved and we were slowed down enough that the airbags didn't even go off. Had to go to make sure the baby was okay, and since the hospital i went to didn't have the proper equipment to do a thorough check up, had to schedule a follow-up with my OB, where he checked out just fine <3 just had some really nasty looking bruising where the seatbelt tightened :x

i was in the hospital a lot last month visiting my father-in-law who had a stroke. I've also been in there to visit him when his afib acts up.

Besides that, visited my mom for the birth of my little brothers and little sisters, went when our nephew was born then again a week later when our niece was born, also went for misc sibling injuries. Thankfully nothing TOO life threatening so far.