Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 FFXI Recruitment Drive

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys View Post
    I've been looking for you to no avail. Are you even on Shiva?
    I do not even know who I am looking for, so nyah. Prothall, eh?

Mirage, obviously you should be on Shiva.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Madonna View Post
    I'm on Profane more often.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys View Post
    I've been looking for you to no avail. Are you even on Shiva?

Mirage, obviously you should be on Shiva.
    Obviously you should be on Sylph .

Did you make Kalilung start playing too?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

I got her a character slot/ID/thing? Maybe she might humor your Sylph tendencies.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Haha, wtf. xD

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Thinking about buying the game. If I find it cheap enough or they slice the monthly fee I will join.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

I've got a question for you; how's the time commitment to play compared to before? The main reason I ended up letting my subscription lapse is because, even though I enjoyed the game, after getting married and moving I didn't have the time anymore to commit to what was essentially a second job that I wasn't being paid for.

Also, you mentioned that XP gains come much faster now - how about skill gains? [Edit] Ahh, just read the Abyssea section more thoroughly. Well, as long as skill gains come easier, the grinding shouldn't be that bad.

Everything else you've mentioned is definitely a solid win as far as I'm concerned. I tended to prefer solo play anyway, and not being limited to beastmaster to do so would let me try out some of the classes I was much more interested in.
    Last edited by Super Christ; 09-12-2012 at 06:58 AM.
    Sig under construction.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I am about to move (hopefully). As I was packing I stumbled upon something.

Back story, I attempted XI way back when. I had the HDD on my ps2 and everything, it wasn't my cup of tea at the time. My older brother is an MMO fanatic. If there has been an MMO, he's probably played it. Fastforward to me packing, I was putting all my games in one convient location for movage when I came across this. He had to have left it here and I hadn't actually SEEN him play it much so who knows how involved he got.

Now I checked "Can you run it?" YOU SURE AS HELL BET YOUR TITS I CAN. Now. Do I want to try it? That's my question. How much is the monthly fee? And welp are there a bunch of meaningless stupid ass task that I can do that requires things like dancing with NPCs and other various shenningans? (because I like various shennigans) I played this way back when and didn't really like it too much but i'm willing to give it a chance again MAYBE. This is the first game in a long time that my computer wont have problems running I don't think. I'm heavily considering it. plus with Bley's guide thing now, I may actually be able to level xD

EDIT: Upon installing I can't find the registration code. At all. There is no manual besides the manual on the disc. WHAT THE CRAP. I can't register a playonline thing without that wtf david blaine. I may just go freaking buy it off steam or something now because I've already invested the time into installing everything

GODDAMN THAT WAS THE MOST CONVOLUTED THING EVER AND YOU BASTARDS BETTER PLAY WITH ME.
    Last edited by Freya; 09-12-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Super Christ View Post
    I've got a question for you; how's the time commitment to play compared to before?
    Nowhere near as bad; I mean, if you join an aby party, people might look askance if you take off before the end of the first hour, but nobody really cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Christ View Post
    Also, you mentioned that XP gains come much faster now - how about skill gains? [Edit] Ahh, just read the Abyssea section more thoroughly. Well, as long as skill gains come easier, the grinding shouldn't be that bad.
    Skilling up is still a pain in my ass, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was, especially with the new skill up prowesses and skill gain food.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Do I want to try it? That's my question.
    Yes.

How much is the monthly fee?
    I think it starts at about $15-16 USD for your first character, then a buck a month for each additional character. Note: You don't really need additional characters since you can level every job on one character, and with the new Mog Sack and Mog Satchel you won't need as many mules as used to be necessary either.

And welp are there a bunch of meaningless stupid ass task that I can do that requires things like dancing with NPCs and other various shenningans?
    There are seasonal events that meet that description. There's one where your whole job is to clap at an NPC who is having a dance-off against...er, something evil. In some way.

Also there's a dancer job. There aren't many people who take it past 49.

I played this way back when and didn't really like it too much but i'm willing to give it a chance again MAYBE. This is the first game in a long time that my computer wont have problems running I don't think. I'm heavily considering it. plus with Bley's guide thing now, I may actually be able to level xD
    Or you could roll on Shiva and not need a guide because I'll be in your bloody LS

EDIT: Upon installing I can't find the registration code. At all. There is no manual besides the manual on the disc. WHAT THE CRAP. I can't register a playonline thing without that wtf david blaine. I may just go freaking buy it off steam or something now because I've already invested the time into installing everything
    Does the Steam version include the Destrier Beret? If not, get this version instead. It's not on sale anymore, but the Destrier Beret is bloody amazing. 1HP/tick regen, 1MP/tick refresh, and auto-reraise that's always active from levels 1-30 is too good to pass up.

GODDAMN THAT WAS THE MOST CONVOLUTED THING EVER AND YOU BASTARDS BETTER PLAY WITH ME.
    I'm on a lot, but I still haven't seen hide nor hair of Lynx, nor anyone else from EoFF.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Well i'm still trying to get it all installed correctly. I let it DL overnight and it messed up And now I has my new apartment to move into so I may not even be able to play for a few days! But I'll make a character on shiva when I can and hit you up

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm on vacation next week, so I'll be logged in pretty much at all times; I'll be sure to use a search comment to indicate when I'm AFK making money (to be covered in my forthcoming Abyssea guide. Which isn't even started yet.)

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

OMG I DON'T KNOW WHAT RACE/CLASS TO MAKE D:

Okay Shiva right? What's the gold pass thing? o.o I haven't made one yet but I think i'ma make a sexy hume black mage. So I can blow trout up. PEW PEW. Then I'ma summon trout cause come on, carbuncle is adorable. I thought about a tarutaru but I don't like their stupid noses.

OKAY I'm freykana on shiva. Cept I wont be able to play for a bit. BUT I MADE ONE. I DON'T KNOW ANY OF THE CONTROLS D:
    Last edited by Freya; 09-13-2012 at 07:26 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Use a gamepad. This game was designed for PS2. You'll need 2 analog sticks and a digital d-pad just for basic navigation. A mouse is simply not good enough. One stick to control your movement, one stick to control the camera, and a d-pad to navigate menus. Assign an easy-to reach button to select, one to cancel, and one to menu and bang, you're off to the races.

I also advise using any shoulder bumper buttons to access the macro palettes.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I have to buy a game pad? No wonder people hate this game.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I just had the craziest thought. I'll level up a mule on Sylph, gear it up, then server transfer it to Shiva.
    How about that, huh?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?