Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If Aeris doesn't die: Would you still like FF7?

Like how everyone says the difficulty isn't broken with E.Skill and such? Right...
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

I don't think that twist made the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    uh

how would we have platforms to stand on during the final battle? how would that giant conch shell have opened in the city of the ancients? how ridiculously smurfing easy would disc 2 and 3 be with great gospel spam on every boss fight?

i like her, she was probably my favourite healer in the series but again...she was so downright broken having her for the rest of the game would really make the difficulty nosedive.
    I don't think difficulty was ever an issue with this game.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

carry armor is hard...proud clod was kinda tricky. helletic hojo was a pain the ass

mind you i haven't played that far through since i was twelve so the nostalgia goggles are pretty thick. last time i played through i ragequit when i got to carry armor.

Yeah, when I replayed the game, I was confounded by the difficulty of the Carry Armor battle. I could swear it hadn't been so problematic my first playthrough.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil View Post
    I don't think that twist made the game.
    Not being augmentative here, but what did for you? Simply curious.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    carry armor is hard...proud clod was kinda tricky. helletic hojo was a pain the ass

mind you i haven't played that far through since i was twelve so the nostalgia goggles are pretty thick. last time i played through i ragequit when i got to carry armor.
    I used to get to Materia Keeper and be stuck. Utterly smurfed. But then I got my trout together and learned how to play vidya a bit better and voila it was a nothing boss.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The only boss fights that ever gave me trouble were Carry Armor and the two headed dragon.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Yeah, when I replayed the game, I was confounded by the difficulty of the Carry Armor battle. I could swear it hadn't been so problematic my first playthrough.
    This one often gets me too, usually on some sort of challenge run where I'm doing something like No Materia or Initial Equipment. Every other time I I'm playing summon Knights of the Round on this twat because this actually is the one boss I still find intimidating.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    The only boss fights that ever gave me trouble were Carry Armor and the two headed dragon.
    Oh, and Schizo. Schizo can eat a dick.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Oh hell that was the thing in Gaea's Cavern yeah? I remember doing relatively well on that thing until it hit me with double-breath. It was shortly over after that.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I don't know how this became an "annoying FF7 bosses" thread, but Carry Armor is indeed a massive pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Psi
    Every other time I I'm playing summon Knights of the Round on this twat because this actually is the one boss I still find intimidating.
    I can rarely be bothered to get KotR before ending disc 2, but that right there is a fantastic reason not to put it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    I don't know how this became an "annoying FF7 bosses" thread
    This wasn't "an annoying FF7 bosses thread"? Then why am I here?

Schizo. Once I found myself only surviving because I gave Vincent Fire-absorb and unleashed the Galean (hadn't unlocked DG yet), it was annoying watching him use Beast Flare on the surviving fire-absorbing head, but eventually he started laying into it with the Berserk Dance.

Also, yeah, I think on my first-ever playthrough Materia Keeper totally kicked me around.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, get back in topic guys. If you want to discuss about annoying FF7 bosses, find another thread to do that in.

Unless it relates to the topic in anyway, otherwise keep it out of this thread.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    It was very annoying to have Aeris as a forced party member against Demon Wall.
    I give her Bahamut to summon at the start and put her on healing duty because she sure ain't good for owt else in that fight. Sometimes I've gone to the trouble to teach her Great Gospel at this point so I like to bust it out as a novelty.

Really would've liked to have her in the party for a few other fights. I once edited some Materia that shouldn't have been available on disc 1 into my inventory and watched her go proper shaolin with 4xCut.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Of course. I paid for that thing!!!