Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default A modest proposal for the rebuilding of Damcyan

Full disclosure: I have not played TAY yet, so read this thread as though it had never existed, just in case there is an alternate solution there.

Following the devastation of the events of FFIV, there is no nation that has suffered as much as Damcyan. Prince Gilbert is the only surviving member of the aristocracy, and his girlfriend got iced, so he's not likely to produce an heir anytime soon. The land is barren and desolate. The capitol is surrounded by sand, and its only town is Kaipo, a sand-scorched hellhole. Trading partners are scarce--there's a giant freakin' impassable mountain range cutting off trade with Baron, and an only slightly easier path to Fabul. The people are suffering. There is no hope

Unless...

Chocobos. That's right, those cute, fluffy little birds that everyone loves to ride around. The other countries won't miss a few -- when you enter one of those chocobo forests, there are always the same number of chocobos there. You could raid every chocobo forest in every nation, carry away every chocobo and none would be the wiser. Chocobo meat is rich in protein and delicious with a breaded coating. With just a few trips to local forests, you could feed the entire nation. You would be a hero! There would be no doubt who would be next in line for the throne when that sissy little trout Gilbert suffers an...unfortunate accident.

Just think: The Chocobo King! The hero that saved a nation! Sure, you'd have to ruthlessly murder a few cute, friendly avians, but the chocobo population is in no danger. Every forest even has a fat chocobo, living it large while the people of Damcyan starve. By what right do they thrive while Damcyan suffers? I SAY NONE!

Who is with me?

I would imagine they'd survive the same way they did before the terrible bombardments from the airships.

Anyways, keep in mind that Edward and Anna - both very much non-combatants at the time - managed to travel from Kaipo to Damcyan despite the monster in the underground waterway. Plus I'm sure the kingdom would've had more than one hovercraft.

(You'll have to excuse me: I'm automatically programmed to attack anything that insults Edward/Gilbert/whatever you wanna call him. Look, I don't call Robotnik Eggman :P )

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I do actually like Gilbert, but it would have been contrary to the tenor of the post.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

A chocobo trade makes the most sense. I'm willing to bet via black chocobo is how Rosa got to the town of Kaipo in the first place!

Blog Entries

By the end of IV, Edward can handle the Antlion by himself. Manufacturing Sand Rubies and selling them as jewelry or cure-all medicines would easily save the economy. Where in the world does one get an idea that stealing, breeding, and eating chocobos is the easiest path to success? Baron's forest is inaccessible via earthquake mountains if you live in Damcyan and you need a hovercraft to even think crossing Hobbs, that place where fighting monks go to train, before you trek to the other side of Fabul's kingdom. Troia? Not even going to bother explaining that. Nope, the better idea is making the Antlion poop Sand Rubies for life.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    I would imagine they'd survive the same way they did before the terrible bombardments from the airships.

Anyways, keep in mind that Edward and Anna - both very much non-combatants at the time - managed to travel from Kaipo to Damcyan despite the monster in the underground waterway. Plus I'm sure the kingdom would've had more than one hovercraft.
    Edward and Anna used the hovercraft to travel between Damcyan and Kaipo. It is hinted that the Underground Waterway is not the type of place that ordinary travelers take. Edward, in the sequel, goes through the entire Underground Waterway by himself twice to help someone in need. It shows you a little bit about how far he had come.

Incidentally, Damcyan is a nation of commerce and trade, so it was rebuilt and restored after the events of the game.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Edward? In the Waterway? By himself?

No no, this is impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.