Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shorty's Round 2 Thundercats are gooooo Mog Blog

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Shorty's Round 2 Thundercats are gooooo Mog Blog

KC Ryan Freycrest has asked us to make a second blog. Can you believe that?! How much harder do we have to work for this CK thing anyway!

I am really having a fun time participating in this competition so far. I feel like it's definitely awakened a part of the forum for those who are participating and those who are on the sidelines paying attention. Admittedly, my responses to Round 1 were generally terrible. I just have not played much of Final Fantasy in the past few years and my general knowledge on just about everything failed me and I found myself not having enough information to post good, captivating topics that might yield an actual discussion like I had hoped. Thank god I found that spambot. Posting around down in the lower forums did spark my interest to pick up FFVII again, though, so hopefully I'll be able to contribute more one way or another!

I'm not sure what my chances are for winning this thing. I think that snagging the Round 1 immunity based solely on [strike]a stroke of luck[/strike] my murderous bloodhound-like thirst for competitor blood gave me a slight boost, but there are definitely those I'm watching out for in this competition who deserve to be a CK and who are doing a superb job. I'm impressed by the amount of effort being put forth by everyone doing this and I hope that the forums can continue to flourish (even if only for a little while) after this is over.

I will say that I'm quite surprised at the number of those who were dropped off after the first round, though! I didn't expect so many to be eliminated. Looks like staff wants their new champion and they want them fast!

Between the first challenge, the two immunity challenges so far and the upcoming group challenge, I think staff and Miss Freya have done a great job so far of putting this competition together and making the challenges fun and interesting. It's great to chase around on the forums looking for something having no idea if your effort is in vain because someone else has already found what you're looking for or if you're the first one to claim the prize. I look forward to whatever else they'll be throwing at us before this thing is over.

after reviewing the round one results thread it seems that krissy, quin and I weren't necessarily delegrated to create round 2 blogs! so much for thoroughly reading directions I'll keep running with it for fun, though.
    Last edited by Shorty; 08-22-2012 at 06:59 AM.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Everyone who was dropped after round one either pulled out or didn't actually complete the task. The only sort of exception was Bert, but in his blog he didn't meet the requirements so that's why he went. This is the round that will start separating the Knights from the Squires.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ah, okay! Thanks for clarifying, dear

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I wonder if I'm allowed to even say that? Whatever, I'm not bound by any rules! But yeah don't panic about huge cuts, there's still plenty of time to demonstrate your superb Cid's Knighting skills

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You're the rogue you've always wanted to be!

I'm bringing the game, baby.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah really the cuts were made solely on if they actually participated or not and if they did it correctly. Even then, We weren't too picky on your threads or posts but that you at least semi followed directions.

Thanks for the praise! I'm trying pretty hard at this! Glad my effort is showing ^_^

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

You're doing a pretty smurfing great job imo. Keep it up gurrl!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

dawww thank you, darlin! <3

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am having an amazingly fun time working with my team to come up with our event for this round. I didn't want to derail my team thread but I had an idea that I think would be super fun to do at the end of the year/early next year.

I was thinking of mixing the EoFF Elections (since god knows the last time we did that - I have no idea) with Game of Thrones. We'd have the different kingdoms and names and they'd smack talk and battle it out all over the forums like we (sortof) did with the elections and there could be voting on who was the best kingdom/party/whatever. I don't really remember how the elections are run but I think it might be fun to do at some point!

Just wanted to toss that up here in my mog blog cause I love events <3

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

So kinda like the original Eizon before it was ruined with lame RP? If you're interested in Joining the Events Committee to throw ideas up there i'm sure someone can add you in. I want to reboost that thing. I'm working on it! But it's hard since it's busy dak, me and vivi22 really doing anything.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I kinda sorta remember the original Eizon, but not very well, so I'm not sure how much my idea relates to it. It could be an RP thing if people would be willing to do that, but then we'd have to assign characters and wait on posts from people, etc. Is that what you're suggesting?

I would love to be added to the events committee!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

We ran the elections in March 2011. I was ensuring we did them every year but this year hasn't yielded an appropriate time for me to get the ball rolling. I would love to see the elections happen in this format except for the fact that there is no point. As another member said in their blog, this event receives great participation and enthusiasm because there is something worthwhile at the end of it all. The Poké Party wanted to increase avatar sizes and this has been happening in line with their proposals, however it's the only time a party's platform has ever been honoured post-election. Being the President of the Forum needs to bring with it some actual power to influence change. I know that if nobody has any good ideas then we're just adding trout for the sake of it, but give people a reason to do the elections and you will see it pick up dramatically.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Well personally I hate the stats and blah of RP. I don't remember much of Eizon but I remember we made countries and Jojo and I made one made of cotton candy, pink, and cuteness. We were like the only fun one I think. Everyone else tried to be all serious. We even made dancing gifs haha.

The fun aspect of the elections is the user made parties. If you could just incorporate the GoT style with it. Tell them they have to make a Slogan, a Banner (flag whatever) And be named House ______ It could be fun. LIke how about this one that is almost ALWAYS in the elections.

House Newbie
    Banner (i whipped this up in ps in like 5 mins haha)

house newbie.png
    Slogan: Loony BoB is lame

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Loony BoB isn't lame.

Wait no I guess he is. But he's the nice guy kind of lame.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

KC I LOVE THAT

There's got to be a way to make this happen that will be incentive for people to play along. I'm sure I can come up with something but I should probably focus on my team's event for the time being. I just wanted to see what people would think about this - I really loved the idea of having House Elections.