Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round Two!

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

This whole thing seems unnecessary to me. I'm sure you've already decided that some of us are not fit to be CK, but even if you haven't, I don't see how this has anything to do with patrolling the forums, keeping them clean, banning bots, and snipping bad things.

Show the CK title some respect and be prideful of it, don't flap it around like a $2 hooker.

That said, IT IS ON!!!!!
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Cid's Knights are encouraged to run events. There isn't a whole lot of "patrolling" to be done, as there isn't a whole lot of filth, the sudden influx of bots in previous months has been successfully dealt with and the "bad things" are typically reserved to EoEO and General Chat and therefore take very minimal effort to deal with.

By proving that you have a good mind for ideas and the passion to run them successfully, you can prove yourself to be a useful member. If they wanted a CK who would sit around and do nothing, they would have just picked one out of a hat. This is an opportunity to prove you care about EoFF, not just receiving a shiny blue title. Given the favourable response Psychotic had when he turned the forum against me for the reward of a shiny custom title, I would say that we have more than enough greedy and lazy smurfers who care little for the community and more about increasing their ego.

There are plenty of people who don't need to be in this competition. I could give you a list as small as probably four people who stand a chance at getting the position. Does that mean you should quit? No, quite the opposite. Quitting proves you are not in it for love but for power. Additionally, this is not just a competition, this is an event. One that is meant to be enjoyable, no matter the outcome. See that Goldenboko guy? He won the last CK contest. Him and Jessweeee♪ and Momiji all won it and nobody got anything. But wait, Jessweeee♪ was a CK -- yes, later she was knighted because she proved to be an invaluable member with just the right flavour to add to the staff cooking pot.

People have hidden potential, too. By actually participating in this and giving it your all you might be able to show up on a radar where previously you did not register. The staff used to handpick their knights from just the few people they knew well enough and were confident enough in. Now, anyone has a chance. Don't knock it.

Besides, $2 can buy me a smurfing cheese burger at Maccas and that's more than a starving african child eats in a week.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    This whole thing seems unnecessary to me. I'm sure you've already decided that some of us are not fit to be CK, but even if you haven't, I don't see how this has anything to do with patrolling the forums, keeping them clean, banning bots, and snipping bad things.

Show the CK title some respect and be prideful of it, don't flap it around like a $2 hooker.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Exactly what Jiro said. He nailed it on the head.

If that's honestly your opinion of this then I was wrong to have thought you'd do well in this competition, Hypo. Not only do we want people to be able to moderate but we want them to be seen as leaders on the forums, exemplary members. Often times staffers make events such as this one you're all participating in. It makes the forums have a bit more fun. This round is here to see how well you are at working with a team on creating an event. Often times it's a whole bunch of ideas tossed around and eventually we iron out details, much like what most of you have been doing! But we work together on it. There is no I in Team as they say. The first round was around to show how active you were and your interest in the lower forums. Both rounds have been very valid in what Staff is looking for. Some users aren't as well known. This competition can show even the staff their hidden talents. Which there have been several that are really showing off their qualities as a productive and exemplary member.

Even so, it's an event! It's for fun! Have fun with it as well as show us your best side! If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sorry, I couldn't hear any of that over the sound of my team winning so hard.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quin, the sound of your team winning so hard as you put it is about the same sound Old Mac Donalds bull makes when taking a trout.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Exactly. All over your team.

Blog Entries

Not even close to our team, if you're lucky it might reach Shorty but that's because she's so short!

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not allowed to act rudely to Shorty or her team, or there may be a mutiny on mine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flambard D'Quinceteth View Post
    I'm not allowed to act rudely to Shorty or her team, or there may be a mutiny on mine.
    You just got owned.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Flambard D'Quinceteth View Post
    Well, you have my permission. Isn't that all that matters?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Didn't your mother teach you to never poke the dragon, Bleys?

Quin and I have a mutual respect for eachother. Also he knows what's up.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The man has a point, Shorty.

Your team is number TWO, because you're a number two! :expee:

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You boys go ahead and have your fun. I've got all y'alls balls in a vice with this event.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can't think of a troutty smack talk response to that. Steve, quick! Attack!