Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Bleys's Round Two Bullsnikky

Round 1 was even more fun than anticipated. I was a little concerned that I wasn't making people work very hard based on the fact that my 3rd new thread was decidedly subpar, given that I was running out of time. I also had higher hopes for the FFXI Recruitment Drive--I'd hoped to take advantage of this competition to get more people to join me in Vana'diel--especially new players--but not even Lynx bit. Fortunately FFV Revisited exceeded my wildest expectations and I'm having a hell of a time keeping it going. If only I had a job that involved using my body instead of my brain, I could just skimp on sleep and do a lot more on it. It may even run longer than the competition.

So: New round. I like it. I like the team dynamic. It fits the job description of a Knight, since modding is very much a team effort, ideally yielding a group that is more than the sum of its parts. It also provides an opportunity to do something better than any one of us can do alone. I only hope that we actually get to run these events for the non-Squires and other teams rather than just being rated on how good of a basic idea it is. I'm sure that anything I come up with will be better in execution than it appears to be on paper, since that affords me the opportunity to unleash my MAGIC!

The competitive aspect is still there, to be sure. I'm not too worried about competition from the other teams other than Sephex, though. The real talent is on my team, so this is pretty much a guaranteed victory. That doesn't mean I'm going to get lazy, though -- I mean to crush the infidel.

The immunity challenges have both sucked, though. No fun at all. Fortunately, I kind of agree with millie--I want to go on the strength of my talent and boundless wit, not some technicality. I may participate in future immunity challenges if the staff bothers to make them any fun, but I kind of hope they don't so that I have an excuse to eschew them.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Just keep that wesley in line and you guys might win!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I think your team is pretty smurfing dominant from the outset.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've tried to get people interested in FFXI before, but this just isn't the community for it. Maybe when the new expansion is released we can start an Eyeson Plays FFXI event.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum