Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brainstorming thread!

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One way of doing an FF forums War would be to do a FF Mafia game. I'm not 100% sure how viable it would be to run a mini-mafia game over the space of a week featuring players named as characters of FF titles (main party members and villains only. Only exception is Biggs and Wedge they must be in it) Each FF game is a party/gang. Someone who has run a mafia game might be able to give us more info on this.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Actually, this could be a good chance for me to bust out my mafia 2.0 Traverse Town game.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Blog Entries

EoFF actual time capsule. We get people to send in things like used condoms and dirty laundry and we archive it for the children.
    EoFF Time Capsule. We pretend we opened one and get the moderators to give a bunch of people old members' names and we pretend to be them. We can pretend not to know what the internet is!
    KIRA game. Like Mafia, but with one killer and one legendary detective. Everyone, every single registered member might be playing, but only people who actively volunteered to play can be KIRA or L. It ends when we figure out who KIRA is and stop them.

I think we could do a Fantasy league for Blitzball or do a tournament for a children's card game. Oh, speaking of children's card game: we all used to be fairly young when we first joined this forum, yeah? Can we do something for the runts (13-18-year olds)? What works for young adults/teens?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm pulling a twelve hour shift at work tomorrow and a fifteen the following day, so I may be MIA until the weekend. I'll try to get on tomorrow night, but I apologize if I'm not here to contribute much until Saturday. Sorry guys.

Blog Entries

On a similar note, you're going to lose my active posting from Sat morning to Sun evening GMT time. I've got a date coming round for those 2 days. Sorry guys.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

well smurf, I'm without a laptop all weekend. smurf it, I have a phone.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

C'mon team, don't let inactivity be the death of you. I HAVE FAITH.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'll still have some access to computers, but I'll be unable to be my typical, once every 3 posts self. Still we got this. Will start a thread to pull our ideas together at lunch break.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Make sure you don't get fired.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Pft, the girl coop who broke down and cried didn't get fired and anything I do can't be as bad as that.

Blog Entries

I reckon we have some solid ideas here we just need to co-ordinate them in to a feasible executable plan. Which will have to be something we can carry out even if for whatever reason we end up a member down or two. Because if my suspicions are right we'll have to execute this too which means between the 7 of us we've gotta organise, run and pull off the event we make. Sounds easy but can all go to tit if we lose a couple of people.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

thanks for all the ideas guys they are all very good

we should be ok even if we have to run the thing we decide on

nice one iceglow, 2 day date do not worry about what's going on here on that thing, just enjoy

Blog Entries

Right, I had some time to think about things, and I have come to only one reasonable conclusion: EoFF Gang Wars.

Wait, wait, waitttttt. Let me explain this. Have any of you guys been into #eoff? Have any of you guys played Dokal? Actually, looking at our team roster, scratch that.

Alright. Dokal is Roogle's chatroom-based RPG. He has an agenda in it, he has a world and a loose narrative set up in the background, and the game can be really summed up in gameplay as a series of fights if you want to be crass. But. It is awesome. What happens is that when a few people have free time, Roogle announces that there is going to be a game of Dokal. There are some regulars, and Roogle gives them some focus, but as long as there is room in the party, pretty much anyone can join. Just tell him you want to play too and odds are he will put you in. He gives you a job class, maybe tells you have a special ability, and then you are free to go romping with fire_of_avalon, Jiro, and whoever else. Your party navigates this imaginary, non-visual world with Roogle's narrations, descriptions, and choosing to go arbitrary directions (norther, east, south, down, uphill, et cetera), and you encounter groups of monsters and beat them up together. Combat is turn-based, with graded attributes and hit point/magic point/technique points, and you can sort of make up your own attacks. New and have no idea of what you are capable? Just shout out you are going to breathe fire or summon a lightning bolt; you very well could do it. Maybe you think you should be able to do a crazy sword slash; tell Roogle you are trying it, and it might happen. It makes for a lot of fun and surprising discoveries, and even while exploring you can suggest ideas like maybe burning a bush to see a path behind it, or something. Dokal is just a blast to play.

So, what I am trying to say is that we should try to adapt Dokal, or at least its battle system, to accommodate EoFF playing it as a community. The immediate and easiest way I see to do that is to turn it into squad-based versus combat, sort of like Final Fantasy Tactics. Instead of working for Clan Nutsy and wailing on Clan Borzoi, it is krissy and her accounts beating up Team Shortstuff or Team Codger. So we can form gangs or Clans if you will, add referees or Judges like Roogle to moderate skirmishes, and we can have a tournament for the twenty-fifth anniversary of Final Fantasy. And we can set it right here, no fancy Ivalice needed, and see who ends up the kings of Eyes on Final Fantasy.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Wow, what a crazy day yesterday was. Had to work a little over-time because my boss came around and helped me figure some stuff out, then after getting back, showering, packing, moving my car, handing a friend the keys to my apartment so my temporary roommate would be able to get back in while I'm gone for the weekend (he's out of town at the moment), half they way home I realize, tit I gave her the wrong keys in my tired state and start driving back to Boston. All eventually was well though.

Alright we have a lot of good ideas here, I'm going to make a few threads so we can either narrow some down, or flesh some out before we commit to anything. Better to have 3 or 4 good ideas that are doable and ready to go, then choose one, try and flesh it out, realize it won't work, and go back to step one. If anyone else wants to make a thread for an idea that I miss they should.