Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FF Forum Wars, The Final Fantasy Olympics!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

ZOMG! FF Forum Wars, The Final Fantasy Olympics!

Figured I'd start with my own idea, as I probably have it fleshed out the most in my head.

A lot of the events here go the way of cereal and get stale. The big probably is a lack of universal attention and a time over result fraction being too damn high. What I'm saying in math nerd is, bang for your buck. I love ya pr00t but the latest screen-name tourny is a great example, the thing has run on for so long, and now it's just running out of steam. It's hard to care about the same thing for so long.

The idea behind this event:
    Steve worded it in a way I really liked. Final Fantasies are great because of their large breadth of minigames. Think back throughout the series, chocbo racing, snow boarding, that submarine thing in VII, blitzball, etc. Minigames have always been a strong part of the Final Fantasy series. So, they'll be the key piece of this competition.

• A mini-game for each forum, not just Final Fantasy, but General Chat, Writer's Corner, everything... except Eyes On Each Other, that'd be a little inappropriate (DEBATE THE BESTTTT), will be prepared beforehand.
    • This preparation shall be done perhaps in the EC forum, that place is great of this sort of thing. Prepared is defined by done all the way down to the thread being typed up, and posted, so copy and paste is all that is necessary.
    • Once the preparations are complete, the competition starting announcement will be made. A enrollment thread will be made in each FF forum, with an overall roster and smack talk thread in General Final Fantasy. This will give a forum unifying feel and be able to try and get a lot of members involved. A thread in General Chat will be unnecessary, as the forums most active users, if they want to compete, I have faith they'll check the forum announcement.
    • Once rosters for each game is set, (FF's with 0 members are instantly disqualified, how could you be the best if you don't get a single member? Also these rosters do not have to be even, but a lack of members will give you a slight point handicap. Not enough to make it worth it, but some sort of help should be given.), the event's minigames will go up at lightning speed, 2 to 3 minigames a day. We're talking the FF Olympics here! Just like the real olympics, where basketball takes weeks for a medal and swimming does not, some events will require less attention than others, a drawing competition for example, may not be as taxing as a trivia competition. The Fantasy Blitzball will just require a single joining, and player pick. Each event will be worth a certain amount of points, a point total for each FF will be kept in the General FF forum.
    • After the last event is done which shouldn't take longer that a month or we are going too slow, there will be a "Final Boss Event".

Mini-Game List
    Wonder Square -
    Chatroom - Dokal (?)
    Eyes On Each Other
    General Chat
    The Lounge
    General Gaming

Relm's Studio - Draw Quina contest
    Writer's Corner -
    General FF - FF Trivia Tourny (?)
    General Square Enix -
    Kingdom Hearts -
    FFI -
    FFII -
    FFIII -
    FFIV -
    FFV -
    FFVI -
    FFVII -
    FFVIII - Triple Triad Tournament (?)
    FFIX - Jump Rope Competition (get the highest score in the jump rope Mini-game!) (?)
    FFX - Fantasy Blitzball (?)
    FFXI -
    FFXII -
    FFT -
    FFXIII -
    FFXIV -

Final Boss Event -

(Legend, strike through forum name means no event shall be done for that forum, (?) means event is not finalized or decided for that forum, (!) means event has been finals and agreed for that forum.)

Prizes?
    The event should have some prizes. The overall winning FF will be crowned king of the forum FF, not sure what else we can do about that. Maybe jokingly give the members of the winning team minor mod powers for a few days?
    Gold Medals should come with a reward I was thinking:
    For individual gold medals, a custom triple triad card based on that member.
    Colored Titles.
    More message space (not the 60k but I always felt slightly more message space for members should be able to be a reward)
    Any other ideas for prizes would be great.

For the record, this is the best event for us to do imo. It celebrates FF, and can have other events morphed into it as a smurfing super event.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 08-26-2012 at 02:38 PM.