Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto View Post
    2. Sakura Diaries
    I KNEW I FORGOT SOMETHING.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've only liked a few anime that I've watched. I give most shows like 4-5 episodes before I call judgement on them.
    these are a few I like
    Cowboy Bebop
    Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (The original was a waste of my time sadly)
    I'm sure there are others I enjoyed... meh, brain fart. Can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Flambard D'Quinceteth View Post
    I started watching anime last December. Obviously started with Naruto; love it, but the Fourth Shinobi War arc is taking the piss. I'm now on Bleach, which I also love, though it suffers from Narutoitis at times. When it's good it's brilliant, when it's bad it's annoying. I know that Avatar: the Last Airbender isn't Japanese, but it's an American take on anime and it's genuinely one of the best TV shows ever made. Definitely in my top 20, at the very least. I intend to watch Legend of Korra once I'm done with Bleach. I have also been recommended Full Metal Alchemist, so I'll be getting on with that soon enough.

So...big question... subbed or dubbed, guys?
    The original FMA is a waste of your time, it follows the manga for a while, then it goes on its own tangent filled with anti-climaxes, plotholes, and a crappy, confusing unsatisfying ending.
    FMA brotherhood I SERIOUSLY recommend, seeing as it's one of my favorites tv shows (animated, or not) I've ever watched. It's just... god it does everything right.
    The english dub of FMAB is surprisingly fantastic, aside from Alphonse (You'll get used to his voice though) and all the voices fit the characters beautifully.
    I only go for Subs in foreign martial arts movies or anime I'm forced to watch that has godawful dubbing.
    In anime I avoid japanese voices as much as possible because in anime... they make my ears bleed, though if the VA's are tolerable, I go for that.

EDIT 2: also, Inyuyasha sucks, i watched it ALL and I still stand by that. It was a crapton of filler, the characters were annoying, a lot of the premises in episodes were cheesy and poorly executed, and the ending WAS SMURFING TERRIBLE. It had a few good episodes... but I would never recommend it to anyone.
    Last edited by TrollHunter; 08-26-2012 at 10:49 PM.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

We can't be friends anymore trollhunter.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm terribly sorry, but what I said had to be said.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

See, I prefer subbed, myself. Made the transition when Naruto ran out of dubbed episodes, and I've not regretted it. The only anime I've seen that has better all-round dubbing is Death Note. Everyone is at least on a par with the original VAs, and L is infinitely superior.

Appreciate the warning about FMA. I won't heed it, because I'm even more curious now, but still... cheers.

Cowboy Bebop has what is nothing short of an amazing Dub.

Blog Entries

See, I prefer subbed, myself.
    You smurfing better.

Appreciate the warning about FMA. I won't heed it, because I'm even more curious now, but still... cheers.
    If you haven't read the manga, you'll enjoy most of FMA. It's still pretty damn good despite being all over the place. The last ten or so episodes are where it gets really crappy, and the ending will make you somewhat angry, but it's still worth seeing. If you do read the manga, or if you watch Brotherhood first, then there's really no need to see it at all, because you'll just be frustrated the whole time. I recommend FMA manga Brotherhood for maximum overall enjoyment while still experiencing all there is to offer.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I prefer subbed, but it's irrelevant if it's anime or not. I watch french movies in french too, english movies in english, german movies in german, etc. Japanese movies and series are no exception.

I also watched the first FMA series and I found it rather pleasurable. I haven't read the comic.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

slam dunk's pretty funny watching it now with my lil bro

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Good animes that include boobs, but would be better if they didn't
    Shuffle: especially this one
    Girls Bravo- so much hilarity
    demon king diamyo- awesome
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

wow yeah boobs in anime can we talk about this?

i cannot stand the fan service. like i will stop watching an anime if i see fan service that isn't relevant to the story.

especially when it's on like teens and high schoolers and stuff. or if it's giant boobs and a face with giant eyes, which to me imply youth. i mean come onnn... it just makes me sigh and i cannot continue.

like the beach episodes in gun x sword and gurren lagann. rolling my eyes at this.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    wow yeah boobs in anime can we talk about this?

i cannot stand the fan service. like i will stop watching an anime if i see fan service that isn't relevant to the story.

especially when it's on like teens and high schoolers and stuff. or if it's giant boobs and a face with giant eyes, which to me imply youth. i mean come onnn... it just makes me sigh and i cannot continue.

like the beach episodes in gun x sword and gurren lagann. rolling my eyes at this.
    There is not one thing in this post i disagree with. Except I usually watch the anime through to the end regardless, but I always feel like they ruined it. The exception in Queens Blade. I made it about 4 minutes in, the lady shot acid out of her breasts, and I was done with that show.

Another great anime that would be better without boobs, although they are pretty funny in this case is Sacred Blacksmith
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Dude eric you have not seen most of inuyasha you saw like 30 episodes. There are 167 and 4 movies.
    I think you're thinking of when we watched it together. I've seen almost all of the show and three of the movies. The friend that turned me onto the show told me a few years ago that it was finally being resolved but I'd already lost interest by that point.

Kagome loves Inu Yasha and Inu Yasha loves Kagome but Inu Yasha wants to be a full demon and oh boy look there's yet another jewel shard embedded in a demon's ass let's go get it whoops looks like Naraku stole our shards again but it's okay we got them back oh look more glowing demon jewel shard ass freaking kill me now.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Well then you lied to me when we watched ti cause you told me you had never seen the show before. Unless you watched it after we watched it together!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I prefer subbed, but it's irrelevant if it's anime or not. I watch french movies in french too, english movies in english, german movies in german, etc. Japanese movies and series are no exception.
    Exactly the same for me.