Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default DS Games

I have a 30 minute train ride to and from work every day and I use that time to play DS. I've been doing this for the last 6 years so I'm searching for more DS games I haven't played. What are your favorite DS games? Recommend me some!

Please note that I have played most of the popular games so don't bother recommending any Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Professor Layton, Phoenix Wright, or Dragon Quest games. I know about those. I want some hidden gems!

For those who are also looking for a hidden gem of a DS game I highly recommend Radiant Historia. It plays like an oldschool Square SNES RPG. In fact if I were to compare this to any other game it would be Chrono Trigger, which is high praise from me since I consider CT one of the top 5 games of all time.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Megaman ZX Advent is an amazing title.
    Super scribblenauts can be a fun little distraction
    ViVa Pinata pocket Paradise is fantastic, better than the XBOX version
    the megaman battle network games are great fun
    Any kirby game except mass attack
    Animal crossing Wild world
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries

My friend really likes Inazuma 11 but I think he just likes the accents in the english version
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Since you've been playing Persona 3, I suggest Devil Survivor. Stratagy RPG from the same makers as P3, and it is glorious. Among the best titles of the Genre, both 1 and 2. (Mind you stories aren't connected, so there is no need to play 1 before 2.)

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

The Etrian Odyssey series is a pretty awesome soul sucker. It's like an old school dungeon crawler where you walk though a dungeon and draw a map and stuff. You get to choose between 7-12 classes (based on which incarnation of the game you purchase) and you can go about with a maximum of 5 people in your party.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

The only game I will be listing that wasn't popular is Master of the Monster Lair. I highly recommend (if you haven't tried them yet) Fire Emblem (I do hope that more of this series is released ), The World End With You, and Scribblenauts.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I lost all of my DS games a while back

I was a HUGE fan of SimCity DS!

Blog Entries

Have you bothered with The World Ends With You? The only thing I do not see you doing on your ride is yelling to activate a certain pin-type's attack, but it is a crazy-weird story and design to it that makes The World Ends With You worthwhile. Armor? You mean sweet, fashionable threads. Weapons? You mean these super kawaii pins you can put on your backpack. Fast-paced combat takes place on both screens, your support characters are all very different, and seeking out noise can be fun.

How do you feel about the Contra series? Contra 4 is available on the DS and by all reports does the brand justice. I am led to believe that means it is hard, requires you to learn a few enemies' attack patterns the hard way, keep firing like there is no tomorrow, and loads of fun.

Lock’s Quest is a tower defense game made by the same guys who did Drawn to Life and Scribblenauts, and I enjoy all three games. The latter two because I like being creative (seriously, Drawn to Life is a lame platformer, but lets you draw and color your character, weapons, vehicles, and more) while Lock's Quest has actual good gameplay and design. It is fun and frantic.

Hotel Dusk: Room 215. Jessweeee♪ loves it. I am playing it, but I do not know how to recommend it. You click on lots of things and pursue a story?

Also seconding Etrian Odyssey. Get one, get all; whichever. They are all old-school dungeon-crawling fun.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The World ends with you is a game you are either going to love or hate with such extreme passion that you fling the game card into the nearest river, sue the developer for brain trauma, and live happily ever after in a loony bin. That or you'll just be like meh.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

i wish i still had my copy of "Electroplankton"...it was fun for short bursts. I got $70 for it at The Exchange though so that was rad.

Del, are you able to play any GBA games with your DS model? Since I assume you've already played everything noteworthy, take it back a handheld generation and pick up Fire Emblem and Drill Dozer.

I just noticed Del Said this, but yes.

Radiant Historia is great. I may have a few issues with it, but on a whole it's terrific.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I played the crap out of TWEWY. I liked the recommendation of Devil Survivor and 999 so I'll give those a try. I also may check out the Fire Emblem series at some point.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey - a really engrossing game, but be careful - it can get punishing at times.
    Also, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn is nice if you've played GS 1 and 2.