Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DS Games

I you haven't played the Hotel Dusk or it's sequel, you simply must do so. Simply amazing.

If you run out I'd suggest checking /v/'s Recommended Games wiki. It's a great place to get a quick idea of what games are worth playing including a lot that aren't quite mainstream.

I think pretty much everything mentioned in this thread is on that list, though I can understand wanting a personal touch in your answers that suits your style of gaming.

Oh, and if you do play The Last Window (Hotel Dusk sequel), you'll have to do it the shady way, but no game is more worth it than that one.

Honestly, it's gotten so hard to find some DS games, especially the slightly more niche ones I haven't played yet, that I've fully given in to the dark side and almost exclusively emulate because I don't want to pay $80 for only the cartridge with the label half scratched off.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Fire emblem is crap on a cracker.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've played Dark Dawn. I hope there's a sequel because it was great. One of my favorite DS games.

I'll also look into Hotel Dusk.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

WarioWare Touched and Elite Beat Agents are both tons of fun; they both kind of require you to look like a total idiot whilst playing them though.

Have you checked out Age of Empires: The Age of Kings? I loved that game, and it kicked my asssssssss. Some of the missions took me ages (pun intended) to complete.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Another one for Fire Emblem; I absolutely adore the series!

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I played the crap out of TWEWY.
    Yeah... This game is the reason why screen protectors became my new best friend.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Quote Originally Posted by Faris View Post
    The only game I will be listing that wasn't popular is Master of the Monster Lair. I highly recommend (if you haven't tried them yet) Fire Emblem (I do hope that more of this series is released ), The World End With You, and Scribblenauts.
    Fire Emblem? Really? I mean, sure the series is great, but I thought that Shadow Dragon, the DS release in the series, was easily the worst of all the US releases thus far, and not even really worth playing.

Play the GBA ones, they're far superior.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Shadow Dragon is pretty good for what it is: a re-release of the original. How old is that game, anyway?

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Just because you're remaking an old game, doesn't mean you have to give it graphics to match. I mean, yes, I've always been against the pointless graphics race that the industry has been in, but that doesn't mean you have to work to make things look worse! The GBA graphics were frelling beautiful, and Shadow Dragon looks like crap, especially in comparison.

The few noticeable changes were, I felt, basically all negative. The Class Swap system was pointless and I felt really detracted from the series. The extra chapters were bland.

I just felt it really could have, and should have, been executed a lot better.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Hotel Dusk and TWEWY o: