So I've been waiting on Dust: An Elysian Tail for years... quite literally. When it showed up at some games show (I think E3) in '08 or '09, I thought it was absolutely gorgeous and seemed to have a play style similar to Muramasa. I didn't hear about it for a long time after and assumed that it was vaporware.

I was happy when it finally showed back up and seemed to have far more depth than I'd initially assumed on top of the beautiful art. However, it wasn't until very recently after 4-5 years of excitement that I found out the game had a dark secret. It's a flippin' furry game. Reviews are stellar. Most of them say the game single-handedly saved this years summer of arcade. But I can't play this crap. Did you know that there are people out there who find anthropomorphic animals sexually attractive. Sure, they are a minority and I don't find don't really find the animals attractive, but the fact that they exist means I can't possible play this game.

Okay seriously, the backlash against the furry thing is driving me bonkers. I just don't get it. When did this happen? When did it suddenly become not okay for us to enjoy things with anthro animals? I mean, we grew up watching Disney movies, and Don Bluth movies, and Rescue Rangers, and Tiny Toons, and a dozen other things. We played games like Crash Bandicoot, and Donkey Kong Country and Ratchet & Clank, and Star Fox. But now, suddenly something is different. There is a furry subculture and because of them, suddenly we can't enjoy games (or maybe even movies) with anthro animals?

I don't get the furry thing, but I don't care if people are furries. If they like it, that's fine and it's none of my business and it really just doesn't affect me. There are people who like to see when sit on and pop balloons. They get sexual gratification from the. I still like balloons. Balloons are not forever ruined for me because of this fact.

Why are people so immature that they can't handle a game with anthropomorphic animal characters? I think they doth protest too much. I mean, seriously, it's like Ted Haggard and others on the far right who rail against homosexuality. It makes me wonder about them. Are these people finding these cat people or whatever sexually attracted and then realizing that potentially puts them in that marginalized category so they have to yell at the top of their lungs how gross it is so that nobody suspects them?

It's a video game. There are far more questionable things in video games. If I were the type of person who got embarrassed when someone walked in on a particularly hard to contextualize thing in a video game, there are definitely other games that provide things I would have a harder time justifying than if they walked in to a game where there was a talking rabbit or something.