Thread: The Second Life Final Fantasy VIII Roleplay Project

Default The Second Life Final Fantasy VIII Roleplay Project

I saw some Second Life Balamb Garden vids on youtube a few nights ago and went on a search to find it in game. Turns out, the project to build Balamb Garden has been discontinued for months due to "management issues" (was the quote I got). But my search did turn up a new group dedicated to that same dream of having some much needed Final Fantasy VIII roleplay areas for fans of the game.

I met up with the Galbadia Garden group and enjoyed one of their current projects, Galbadia Garden, and immediately joined up.

I've never been much of a roleplayer until I saw a dream come true. Final Fantasy VII in high quality graphics and now Final Fantasy VIII in the works.

The in game group, Galbadia Garden, is dedicated to the authentic recreation of Final Fantasy VIII role play areas. The current major project is Galbadia Garden, and other areas in the immediate future include Timber and Dollet.

As a side project, I am personally working to create Esthar City, as daunting of a task for 1 person as that is, along with other areas on the outskirts including Sorceress memorial,

If anyone would be interested in finding out more, would like to help out, or simply become a part of this expanding community, please instant message in Second Life: Jacky Deanimator.

Or search for group "Galbadia Garden".

And enjoy this youtube video of a part of Galbadia Garden. Other areas have been created, such as the dorms, and I am currently working to create the video and upload it on the forums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTWcGQOSTuU
    Last edited by Timsierramist; 08-28-2012 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Fixed youtube vid

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I'd like to see more videos once you've made them. It's cool to see how accurately you've recreated it all. I was disappointed by the lack of students doing push ups though

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Wow. I was expecting legos. This is the first time I've seen actual video of Second Life. I've only ever read about it in magazines. Well, I saw the pictures anyway.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think the ladies in second life have a problem on standing still!

Default More videos?

Since someone requested another video, I'll show you the Dorms/classrooms that were made.

Galbadia Garden Dorms in Second Life - YouTube

I've begun a long term, one man project to recreate Esthar City, mostly, but it's as daunting as it sounds.

In any case, it will get accomplished, one building, one skyway at a time.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

That's awesome, I like what I'm seeing!

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

I think I saw Tifa&Cloud, Yuna, and, well, erm... someone on a vehicle?
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    I think I saw Tifa&Cloud, Yuna, and, well, erm... someone on a vehicle?
    Correct. I think the guy on the motorcycle was Cloud from Advent children, but I didn't take a good enough look to see. I'll have to make sure they "light up" the image, an option in Second Life.