Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round Two Results!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Smash Round Two Results!

You all did a great job with your events! I enjoyed watching you all plot and plan them. But the round has ended, the judges have come to their decision. First off let's show what the product of this round has produced!

krissy and her Second Accounts had a bit of a slower start but they came together to develop the EoFF Olympics! I even got a PDF for their outline! How neat!

The Final Fantasy Olympics

Final Fantasies are great because of their large breadth of minigames. Think back throughout the series, chocbo racing, snow boarding, that submarine thing in VII, blitzball, etc. Minigames have always been a strong part of the Final Fantasy series. So, they'll be the key piece of this competition.

A mini-game for Final Fantasy Forum will be prepared beforehand. This preparation shall be done in a private forum, perhaps in the EC forum, perhaps the staff one, depending on who runs the event. Prepared is defined as done all the way down to the thread being typed up, and posted, so copy and paste is all that is necessary.

Once the preparations are complete, meaning each minigame thread is prepared and the enrollment threads being prepared, the competition starting announcement will be made. An enrollment thread will be made in each FF forum, with an overall roster and smack talk thread in General Final Fantasy. This will give a forum unifying feel and be able to try and get a lot of members involved.

Once rosters for each game is set, the event's minigames will go up at lightning speed, 2 to 3 minigames a day. We're talking the FF Olympics here! FF's with 0 members are instantly disqualified, how could you be the best if you don't get a single member? Also these rosters do not have to be even, but a lack of members will give you a slight point handicap. Not enough to make it worth it, but some sort of help should be given. Just like the real olympics, where basketball takes weeks for a medal and swimming does not, some events will require less attention than others, a drawing competition for example, may not be as taxing as a trivia competition. Each event will be worth a certain amount of points, a point total for each FF will be kept in the General FF forum

Sincerely ,
    *Goldenboko
    The Explores of Fanatical Fiction, EoFF for short did a great job. They didn't even wait for the subforums to be created, once they had their team list they went to town. Even with pretty pictures made for their event! A map even!

There is a place where the realms of Final Fantasy are protected, the magic within shielded from evil eyes. They are called the Eoffers and the staff guard the dome of the world with their lives. One fateful day, Shinra, who are disgruntled by their last failed efforts, caught wind of a traitor within the hardened ranks of Eoffers. Keen to take advantage, Rufus ordered Professor Hojo to develop a new chemical that could be used to gain control of the Eoffer people. With the aid of the traitor, they infiltrated the barracks and spread the vapour throughout the stronghold, infecting the staff. As Rufus was keen to take over the castle, he missed that the other members of the Eoffers were currently on a mission to stop the Galbadian army in the land of Final Fantasy VIII. The last of the Eoffers caught wind of their plight and fled across over the fourteen lands to prevent Shinra from tracking them down.

Now Shinra have taken over the Eoff website! The staff are now under Rufus's full control; it is their purpose to stop you from proceeding to the next continents! You will decide which village to travel to and you will be presented with a mixture of questions. A correct answer will free the path to the next village (of your choice) within the continent but! A wrong answer will make you lose HP from your team's HP bar and stay stuck in your village. If you lose all your HP, your team will be removed from the game. This event is a race, so the first team to complete the map and place all their team markers on every village, wins.

You can also choose, as a team, to fight optional bosses which on a correct answer will boost you to the next village in front of the others. Lose, and you'll be set back a village and lose HP! You'll also get this bonus if you figure out who the traitor is. Your team will have a team captain which will present the answers to the questions provided. You will have 24 hours to answer each question to which you must collaborate with your team. There will be a sign up period of one week for anyone who would like to participate and the staff who would like to become our 'bosses need to sign up. They will have their own way of battling and selecting a winner so the staff can have some fun too!

Each one of the developers will be a 'mog' to host each continent and add their own twist to the story and the event. The narrators will be able to select their own questions and whom they want to have as their continent's boss. The rules are that teams can not switch members, they can't discuss with others about answers or questions or use any threatening language or 'bargaining'. We are hoping to host this event in a sub forum of the GC and like the CK event, block the teams' threads from other competitors view so that the game stays fair.
    And lastly we had The Best, the Brightest and Bleys or B3. These guy should have been the old long winded foagie group because damn they could rattle on.

Concept: A choose your own adventure style RP, where the participants are divided into teams. The teams are each faced with the same situation, which they must overcome utilizing their own ingenuity and knowledge of Final Fantasy games. Each team will have characters representing the Light Warriors of Final Fantasy I, and will travel to multiple other FF worlds. This quest will be conducted in hidden team forums, which allow only team members and non-participants to view. In each world, the teams will have to navigate each world based on their knowledge of the relevant FF game, as well as being faced with quizzes relevant to that world.

To answer quiz questions, the teams must collectively utilize their own FF world knowledge. Players are permitted to play any of the relevant FF games in order to gain that knowledge, including opening an existing save file. Players are not permitted to consult third-party content from the internet or guides, and are held to the honor system. Answering the quizzes correctly will give that team points for the overall competition as well as an advantage in the game (such as an item, spell, or hint).

Each individual team member would choose from among a certain number of classes for their character to be. The individual characters would then be given certain items or abilities, and these would be the starting resources for the team to draw upon. Certain situations they face may react differently depending on the group’s classes as well as their own unique actions.

The GMs will be in charge of creating the scenarios the teams will face, but the teams themselves will have a wide degree of latitude to choose how to react to those scenarios.

Story: An alternative ending to FFI.

The Light Warriors have struck Chaos a terrible blow, and Chaos realizes that defeat is imminent and his immortal time loop will close. Instead of accepting that defeat, Chaos plans to bring down as much with him as possible. He activates a Crystal connected to those in other universes to open the gateway between worlds, which, if left unchecked, will result in the worlds bleeding together and ultimately the end of everything.

The Light Warriors must travel through this open gateway to the other worlds to collect the remaining Crystals. Then they must return to take Chaos’s Crystal and place all of the Crystals together in one world. Only then will the gateway close and the worlds be safe.

Reward system: Prizes, such as special titles and Triple Triad cards, will be awarded to the winning team, as well as individual prizes for displays of FF knowledge and creativity. The GMs will also have the discretion to award certain prizes during the event itself. A particularly deserving person will even win the power to create an award for the next Ciddies!

After the game: Afterwards, the fun may not be over yet. The quizzes, especially any questions unused in the game itself, can be posted in the FF forums for everyone to take part in (the GMs can not disclose which answers were correct in the game to avoid giving any answers). There can also be public votes on the most knowledgeable or creative participant.
    Please remember that even if you don't get through that we did enjoy your ideas. They were all really great. If you would like to continue with them we may leave you to be able to continue the discussion of the even in your subforum or even in the events committee forum.

Now the important part! The slogan!

krissy and her second accounts never really decided on a slogan but I believe they were wanting "Just the tip" I'm not sure heh.
    Explorers of Fanatical Fiction had ""Live in your world, explore in ours."
    B3 Liked alliteration with "At least we don't have Steve"

AND WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK WITH YOUR RESULTS!
    Last edited by Freya; 08-30-2012 at 12:46 AM.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

As a passive observer I would like to say that each group actually did well. I was impressed with the scope of ideas and the development that happened in such a short time.

Where the smurf are you guys the rest of the time? Lazy sasquatches.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Our slogan was just "At least we don't have Steve." It was just Bleys also wanted to talk about snakes and syphilis. The man does love his syphilis.

I also think each group's ideas are pretty great, though krissy's group didn't provide a lot of detail in the public outline. I want to know about the minigames!

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

SLANDER

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

We were very impressed by all of your events. You all showed that you could still come together, have hope and faith in your events and the current member base, and that you were creative enough to come up with something unique. We applauded you. One team stood out more so than the others though. They went to great lengths to work hard on their idea. Even after we said "okay get your outlines in!" they didn't just stop, they kept working and I believe are still working out kinks. That group is (SPOILER)the Explorers of Fanatical Fiction.

Congrats team! Because of that, no one from your team will be cut this time. You all showed what you could do! So congratulations to (SPOILER)Jessweeee♪, Laddy, milliegoesbeep, Sephex, Mercen-X, Agent Proto and of course the team leader, Shorty! Great work guys! You earned your own immunity for this round without the bells and whistles of a secret immunity challenge. You deserved it!

Now let's cut to the chase. Who will be leaving us this round. Of course Iceman because s/he was part of the immunity challenge, but here are the rest:

Those leaving our party
    iceman00890
    Hypoallergenic Cactuar
    G13
    Jessweeee♪ (Jessweeee♪ had immunity but she has stepped down from the comp due to her busy schedule)
    Old Manus
    Madonna
    Rantz

Thank you all for playing and please don't hesitate to join in with the spectators in the mog blogs!

So let's just get the list of everyone still in!

Those who are continuing to party hard:
    Agent Proto
    blackmage_nuke
    Citizen Bleys
    Flambard D'Quinceteth
    Goldenboko
    Iceglow
    krissy
    Laddy
    Mercen-X
    milliegoesbeep
    Raistlin
    Sephex
    Shorty
    Vivi22

Ryan Frecrest has to work in the morning! So Ryan Frecrest will have your round 3 task up tomorrow afternoon! Good luck and goodnight! We're out!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Final fourteen! This is getting serious.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Congratulations gang! I'm proud of you guys ^__^

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I like a lot of the guys still in the running, and several of them could make great CK's.

I kind of expected to be cut since I wasn't very active this round. Job and all.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nice job teams! I'm actually impressed with the other teams' event concepts!

As for the results, hell yeah! Shorty's team is the best. Also glad that Freya didn't pull off the same stunt that went on during the results of the first round. One post with who's staying and leaving is all there is to be needed. Good job, Frecrest!

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I am glad to see a number of entertaining participants left! I'm looking forward to round 3. Round 2 was pretty fun, and I definitely hope to see some of these contests in action.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Freycrest didn't have time to act like loony bob again. After she did it the first time, she felt wrong

Also hypo, job is no excuse. I'm hosting this thing while working 50-60 hours a week as well as taking care of a RANCH by myself. Don't make me throw fresh eggs at you.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

DON'T WASTE THE EGGS MAN I AM SO HUNGRY

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I also want to point out that the team forums will be left active for you to continue to plan your event if you so choose. Even the members cut should still have access. It is not a requirement to continue planning for this competition but we loved all three events so much that we would like to try them all at some point.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lynx is out?

Dammit.