Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: When the going gets tough, the tough get GoBo! Round 3!

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default When the going gets tough, the tough get GoBo! Round 3!

I feel I have a lot to say this round, so I wanted to get a head start on the Blog.

I'd actually like to start this blog off with some thank you's. I'd like to give a nod to Kaycee, for putting up me with two whole rounds thus far! You had a rocky start with me there and I got worried that by the end you would be screaming and cussing me out by the end, but I won't speak too soon because we have another whole round together baby and who knows maybe even more I'd also like to thank Shiny, G13, and HC, for being inactive on my team and giving me a chance to rise to the occasion In all seriousness though, I'd like to give shoutouts to everyone who's given me a surprising amount of support so far, both publicly and privately. Even the smallest token of appreciation has been a huge driving factor in me taking the competition very seriously, instead of just trolling around . So thank you to Trumpet Thief, krissy, G13, and Steve (Iceglow) for cheering me on even when many of you were in the competition itself with me. Special thanks to Jiro, for not just rooting for me, but talking me into thinking I have a shot. I'll curse your name when I get butthurt for losing! And thanks to everyone else who's given the GoBo 2012 campaign private support. You're donations will earn you a solid place in the incoming regime.

I'm going to be back later with another rant I have, but for now, hi-ho! Hi-ho! It's off to work I go! As always, I want everyone partying in my blog! Come one come all! Spam, flame me, ask me serious philosophical questions! Everyone's invited! Especially previous participants. DON'T MAKE ME SPAM YOU GUYS TO GET YOU IN HERE

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I cannot reveal our secret deliberations but I will say that you truly do have a legitamate shot. As do others.

One of the concerns we have are your activity levels. Prior to the start of this event you have not been very active on the forums in the last year. Did you lose interest, too busy, something else? What do you see your activity levels becomming if you were to win the competition and what would they be if you do not win?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Either way, it should be pretty high. I was having a good time posting again before the creation of this competition.

You can probably see fairly low activity levels all the way back to the beginning of me entering college (late 2010). With the lowest probably spanning between Sept 2010 - May 2011 and Sept 2011 - May 2012. It shouldn't come as much of a surprise, those are my academic semesters. Freshman year in particular was a huge transition for me. I spent almost all of first semester that year being a shut-in study bug, barely leaving my homework to socialize, let alone for time-sinks like the internet. Sophomore year I was much, much better acclimatized, but I remember being pretty annoyed by how laggy EoFF had gotten for me. So it shouldn't be very surprising my spike in activity had a direct parallel with the creation of this thread http://home.eyesonff.com/feedback-fo...ple-fixed.html

It also helps that I'm currently on a 6-month coop with Motorola Mobility, pretty much giving me absolute free time during week nights and weekends. If I had to predict my activity in the next year, it'd be very active until Feb '13, where it would slow a bit because classes would really be underway, then grind to a halt March-April when final projects and exams are, and be fully restored to incredibly GoBo-esc active by July when I would start my second coop somewhere.

Maybe if I get dragged to the end only to reveal there are no CK's again, or I lose or something there'd be a slight let-down, but stopping posting because of it typically isn't my style. In fact, normally my style is the opposite.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

There will be a winner this time. We could only get away with a troll CK comp once.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Fool me once. Shame on you.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Hats off to Freya for making this one appear to be work to the untrained eye. But the trained eye knows that this is a chance to write a hilarious piece connecting all the Final Fantasies! Man, this is gonna be great, a piece of chills and thrills! Or maybe just long drawn out sarcasm. I haven't decided yet.

Now as for the frontsite, I shall address this topic with the following essay, it will not be an exact response to your question. Deal with it. (<3 Kace).

Ah the Frontsite a topic for much debate! Some people have never even seen the front site as far as I can tell. I feel like an important part of EoFF moving forward will be assimilation of all facets of the site. Our current system is the closest we've come but it still leaves a feeling of separation.

The Good about the current site layout

The new menu bar

menubar.png

Ok, so maybe it’s not that new. But this thing is a huge step forward to making Eyeson an internet site and not a forum, frontsite, and chatroom. This is really important. Nowadays internet sites are not just forums – that’s what stuff like Facebook and twitter is for. A smaller social site has to have more than that. Direct integration of Front Site information is necessary if we want the forum to be as active as I know we want it. Lest it will be a continual circle-jerk of the same members for eternity.

What we have to improve

I say we haven’t gone far enough connecting the site. Articles and their responses should be instantly posted into a forum, at the top of the Forum. The smurfing top. Allow responses to be typed here that will also be put in the frontsite section. (Apparently didn't work). We should have a small section in the frontsite for latest blog posts and recent triple triad games. The number of users currently in the chatroom should be displayed somewhere. This would help us connect.

EoFF needs a bigger active staff. "Titles" are pretty meaningless, we have a bunch of editors but only Kace keeps up nowadays. Having posting requirements for editors and have them be strict on if you don't meet it, you're out. I'm not trying to jab at current staff, but the need for more should be clear.

Lastly, I feel like we should incorporate rewards here at EoFF. We have this gil and we should be allowed to spend it on something other than cards, people come here because they love they love the forum some people just won't be interested in cards. Maybe make a ridiculous price for a shiny title, or better yet, sell PM space for gil. Have referrals do something - either gil or something else. Rep, maybe! The argument in the past has always been rewards encourage spamming. I feel like we can use some good old fashion spamming.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 08-30-2012 at 05:00 AM.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

If you have the sidebar on (which is on by default unless you changed it) You have all the blogs, recent threads and recent articles there on the side!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Not on the frontsite though?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

The frontsite has our sections on one side and our tweets on the other! as well as Square-Enix's tweets!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Hrm, found out that they tried the forum idea and it glitched. Will think of more ideas then.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Made some more edits - reward ideas. Some other stuff.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I would like to just mention that although I am speaking at length with sir Goldenboko in private I have maintained an excellent level of confidentiality. I was concerned that our little golden friend here would write himself off and therefore not participate, largely due to his previous "win." I think I can take approximately 0.7% of the credit for all the work he has done thus far.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The Universe as We Know it
    Final Fantasy Edition

​Have you ever wondered what it would be like if all the Final Fantasies were put into one continuous history? This report is a history of Final Fantasy, transcribed and put together what it might look like, if FFII was a direct sequel to FFI and then the others followed suit in the same universe instead of being separate ones. Be warned, this topic will spoil every final fantasy for you.

Part One, the planet of Spira

Our story starts in the settings of Final Fantasy I, FinalFinal_Fantasy_-_Outside_Coneria.png Fantasy I has to be the beginning of the Final Fantasy Universe. For obvious reasons that it was the first game, but also for plot reasons. Final Fantasy I takes place in a timeloop - with Chaos sending the four fiends into the future to send Garland into the past who would eventually become Chaos. It is up to the Four Warriors of light to stop this continual loop by defeating Chaos. The implications of this is that any Final Fantasy that takes place before FFI would be continually repeated until the heroes of light stop Chaos. And we couldn't believe that poor Galuf from FFV needs to die, again and again and again. In the picture to the right, you can see our heroes outside the kingdom of Corneria. After the events of the first final fantasy, Corneria would expand, conquering neighboring areas. Once it reached its Appex, this kingdom becomes the Palamecian Empire! The warriors of light, too old by this point to enter the combat, knew they had to keep the Crystals out odreadnaught.pngf the hands of the Emperor. They went into hiding to protect this crystals, this is why there is no mention of the crystals in FFII despite their power! As time past, peace from the Corneria/Palamacian incident allowed many nations to form. The remnants of Palamacia would eventually become the nation Baron! Eventually under the guidance of Cid the kingdom would use its archived technology to create the red wings. With the original heroes of light completely out of the picture the crystals resurfaced and were able to be used for evil.This begins the plot of IV. Naturally technology had progressed in this time, which explains the mods to the airships, this is what allowed drills in redwings.jpgthese newer airships. Space travel by the lunar whale was developed off the planet, which is why we it was not previously mentioned in Final Fantasies. The war for the crystals engulfed the entire planet, from the underworld to the moon. The entire nation of Damcyan was left in disrepair. After this, war finally fell out of favor. Peace at last surfaced for years and technology was boomed and machines began to be relied upon. The cities and nations evolved the largest being Bevelle using machines using the technology evolved from the city of Baron and Zanarkand the largest cities of X, a city long decedents of the summoners of Mist from Cecil's time. The peace could only last so long. However this time when war broke out, the destruction was absolute. The Bevelle machines completely destroyed Zanarkand, but the Summoners of Zanarkand created Sin. Sin ravaged Spira for a thousand years until summoner Yuna defeated. After this complete destruction, many people wanted to leave Spira. Shinra a member of the Gull-Wings found blueprints for the ancient Lunar Whale of the Lunarians of FFIV and guided his people off the planet. Where did they end up? Find out in the next chronicle of Final Fantasy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 09-10-2012 at 01:00 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Timeline is done. This thing is going to be hilarious.

Just saw Jiro's post. Don't worry guys, he didn't tell me about the secret get together you had at the beginning of the competition and predetermined me to be the winner.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Dear Freya WYSIWYG destroyed my table. It looked fine when I made it in that, but then broke when I hit post. The smurf. It was so beautiful