Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round Three!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

:monster: Round Three!

Welcome back! Congratulations to all those who have made it this far! We have been really impressed by you all so far. You've made it to the final fourteen and for good reason! We're glad you all decided to join

Now onto the task:

As you know, here at Eyes on Final Fantasy we have been trying to integrate the frontsite with the forums and it's community. It's been an arduous undertaking but we're starting to make some headway in it. While we are interested in you moderating our forums, we're also interested in having you help up with the frontsite when we need it! And we need it lately. In round three you will be able to show us your ability to help the frontsite.

You need to create a piece for the frontsite. Be it news, an article about characters/places/battle systems/etc, countdowns, an amusing critique on cloud's hair, anything really, or even help with the XIII-2 section, we want it! Now, Here's where you can rampage through the mog house general section. We don't want anyone to have the same type of article. We don't want two Kefka articles or two "moogles are super awesome omg" articles. You must work with your remaining competitors to not duplicate anything. Because of this though, you may also be able to work WITH your competitors. Possibly something to celebrate the 25th? A Reoccurring series of articles maybe? Anything as long as it's not duplicated. Heck if there is a news article I haven't posted, write one up and i'll post it!

We want a CK who can mod first and foremost but also one that can help with the editors. You never know, you may not win as a CK in the competition but you might win as an Editor! Show us that you really want to be part of EoFF's Future!

Don't be stingy either! One thing we do ask of each other in staff, Ck and Editor alike, is to edit each others articles. It helps us produce the best article. Don't be afraid to ask for help or be willing to help anyone else! In fact we encourage it.

There isn't too many specific rules on the article itself. Don't write anything vulgar, make sure it's not a wall of text (We don't want to scare off readers) which means format it, and try to get at least 2-3 paragraphs. One picture is great but if you feel like adding more don't overload the thing. I only ask for a finished article PM'd to me by monday night!

As for your mog blogs, we want a new thread! Titled 3 of course. This time we would like you to give us your opinion about the frontsite. Do you look at it? What would make you look at it if you don't? What would you like to see? What would you want to try to implement if you were made part of staff? Etc! It's a work in progress and we would love to hear what you think would help us move forward. We want you to post your thoughts about the current round in the mog blog as well OF COURSE.

Good Luck! Any questions I'll try to answer as soon as i'm able! You'll have til monday night!

EDIT:

Here's an example of an article that's not news done by Jiro a few months ago if you're confused on what I mean.
    Here's one in a series we call "The Lore you know"
    Here's a silly one I did about the best final fantasy character ever!
    Last edited by Freya; 08-30-2012 at 02:20 AM.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Everyone I am writing a piece about the plot-line of Final Fantasy, and how that all exist in a single universe, but you all have just not been able to see it, no one has, until me, you have been warned.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So, are we only submitting one piece of article for the front site? I actually want to see more Final Fantasy fanart to be displayed, so I am thinking of doing an article of fanarts of the week, and I think I want to make it a weekly thing if it were to be implemented. (I called it, so no one takes this from me!)

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

You can do whatever you'd like! You can make a plan for several things or just one! Just make sure you have at least one thing by the end of the time period!

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, I might or might not be able to get an article in on time this round because of real life getting in the way. I'm leaving for a Labor Day vacation which may be for the entire weekend, and I'm likely to return home by Monday which doesn't leave me enough time to get something if I decide to procrastinate. So I'll have to come up with something by tomorrow night at the latest. So if you don't get anything from me by Friday morning, I'm probably screwed in this round. xD

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh I forgot about labor day! I may or may not extended it depending on the turnout of this round because of the holiday!

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

An Archaeological Analysis of FF13-2

so no one do the same thing lol

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I like this idea. At the moment I'm considering writing up a review of planned changes for FFXIV, but I would also be happy to help someone else out on a grander scheme.

EDIT: Also, as someone who friends always came to for proofreading help, I volunteer myself if someone wants an article reviewed.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm definitely doing something on FFXI. I think I'm the only contestant who plays, so there shouldn't be much conflict there. I'm thinking a guide to new players, but I may come up with something better on the walk home.

EDIT: I presume CSS is provided as an include, so I'll be leaving the body tag blank. Good/No Good?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ooh, I like this challenge. Game on!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

NEWS FLASH!

Okay the frontsite isn't much different from the forum, just fyi. In fact I can promote a thread straight to a frontsite article and not change a thing. You can use html coding or the forum coding. If you're using WYSIWYG Editing as I do you can even just format and word wrap things easily and it'll just translate. Such as this chocobo to the right with the word wrapping around it! More people should use this editing. I dunno how well it works in firefox but it works great in chrome. I may have just showed the forum how to make things look pretty or might have just started a formatting apocalypse, we'll see. I put spaces above this text and am writing some more nonsense so you can see that it fully wraps around the chocobo posted on the right.
    Last edited by Freya; 08-30-2012 at 04:01 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

How that attachment is positioned, placed, or linked to is unclear. Methinks I'll just stick to HTML with no style/body elements.

PS. EoFF's FFXI content is not only incomplete and badly out of date, Jeuno is also not spelled correctly.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

General settings> Miscellaneous settings > WYSIWYG Editing > Go to town

I never use css/html.

If you wanna update it feel free ^_^

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was referring to this page, which I do not have access to edit, nor should I just to fix a spelling error.

You may be getting more articles from me after this competition is over. At least for FFXI.

You probably won't want to use them.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Hey, as long as it's not mean and rawr or vulgar, we'll probably take it!