Thread: Round 3! Dance!

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Round 3! Dance!

I don't really look at the front site too often, but I do know that it is much better than it used to be. I think the problem is that most people who come across this site and stick around find the forums too addicting to really care about the front page. It's kind of funny, actually. The forums are just too good!

If I were part of the staff I suppose I would pitch in an article every now and then. It's not much, I know, but I feel my greatest strength to a website is writing. For over two years a couple of buddies and mine have been writing for a site (link at the bottom of my signature), so I've been in great practice. Not sure what I am going to write for the contest, but I actually been flirting with the idea of writing well before this event. I got a pretty good confidence boost when Loony BoB and other members complimented my FFXIII-2 review that I copied over from my website when I was asked to.

Not sure what I am going to write yet. I have until Monday, so I am going to bounce some ideas around in my head until I can think of something.

Also, very glad that I have made it this far in the contest. I just want to thank all the people, once again, who have been supporting me in general, and everyone involved in the deciding process of who gets to stay.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You've been a great member since your return and I think you'd make a great CK. You weren't as active last round but we understand how life takes priority over this stuff. We've all been there.

I don't think it takes much effort to write a quick article or news update for the frontsite. If all of the staff did that once every month, our frontsite would be pretty active. The problem is, at least for me, finding the time and inspiration to do so.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

I think if I got a ball rolling, I could turn in stuff at a regular pace.

*goes back to brainstorm to the round 3 stuff*

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I didn't see your review, but I went over to Primary Ignition and was actually going to ask you for a job. However EoFF is my home and so I want to make it successful as a news site as well. Problem is that I could not do it alone and Freya cannot do so either. It's going to take a team of people and although it will be hard work to get it off the ground, once we get things running it will not be nearly as time consuming. I actually have high hopes because you are quite a good member who would make an excellent Editor as well as a CK. I hope that you will choose to contribute some work (even cross publishing it to promote Primary Ignition and EoFF as buddies!) if you are not crowned this contest's winner but I wish you the best of luck anyway because we'd be lucky to have you as well

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    I didn't see your review, but I went over to Primary Ignition and was actually going to ask you for a job. However EoFF is my home and so I want to make it successful as a news site as well. Problem is that I could not do it alone and Freya cannot do so either. It's going to take a team of people and although it will be hard work to get it off the ground, once we get things running it will not be nearly as time consuming. I actually have high hopes because you are quite a good member who would make an excellent Editor as well as a CK. I hope that you will choose to contribute some work (even cross publishing it to promote Primary Ignition and EoFF as buddies!) if you are not crowned this contest's winner but I wish you the best of luck anyway because we'd be lucky to have you as well
    Thanks for the support! I am sure if someone serious got off the ground and I ran some sort of crossover idea by my buddies they'd probably go for it. Obviously, I can't speak for them, so I am just going off a theory here. It would be cool. Also, you don't have to write an article for us all the time once you turn in your first one. We have plenty of people who throw us a bone every once in awhile, and we are okay with that, just so you know!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I'll have a think about it, but I'm being stretched a little thin at the moment! I'd elaborate but this is a thread about Sephex so let's just say that if I get some free time I'll use you as a middle man and we can see if Primary Ignition and Eyes on Final Fantasy can't help each other out!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Sounds good.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I don't feel like dancing.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I don't feel like dancing.
    Well, you should. Look, since you're British, I'll make sure there is tea and crumpets at said dance.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Very good. You do a nice job of making difficult members feel valued. Just drop me in a pile of crumpets and I'm good to go. And I mean Scrooge-McDuck-swimming-pool-of-gold sized.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I smurfing love crumpets. I should have some now.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I think you'd make a great mod OR editor, Seph. You have a way with words and your posts are always fun to read!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Thanks, Pike. Been feeling stressed out as of late, so that's cool to hear.