Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iceglow just met you and this is crazy but round 3 maybe?

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Iceglow just met you and this is crazy but round 3 maybe?

Ok so round 3 and I've gone for perhaps the most annoying blog entry title so far! What's more we love it!

Ok so this is all about the front site. Gawd I'm not going to even begin to lie, I haven't used the front site in over 3 years. I don't see much need for me as a member to use it. What would it take for me to use the front site? Possibly a miracle to be honest. I've not used it because honestly I've never needed to. I haven't needed a guide for a FF game since attempting to get a Zodiac Spear in XII and honestly, I looked at how much effort was required and said "smurf that" and didn't bother.

I come to EoFF mostly for the community of friends I have here and have established over the years. I occasionally nip down to the lower forums for a browse or a read but I'm primarily active in the general forums these days.

That's not to say that this task might not whet my appetite for writing articles for the front site, I am after all someone who enjoys writing. However I'm more of a fiction author than a journalistic writer but never say never.

On my piece I think I'm going to look at FF games specifically VII - XIII (main title entries only) and compare the coolest fmv's in each and what makes them cool. Of course this could be way too wide a scope for such a thing so I will decide to cut it down if I think it's too big. Perhaps a piece only on the PSX entries?

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I suggest you pick a very narrow scope and be very concise and use a lot of pictures. The audience here cares little for anything.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah I want you to really watch yourself steve. You're notorious for being very long-winded in just posts, I can't imagine an article like that o.o Just make sure to not scare anyone away with walls-o-text! Good luck!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    You're notorious for being very long-winded in just posts
    This is why I don't do Journalism! LMAO! No, really! Genuinely I don't do Journalism, mostly because I find it such a cramped writing style that doesn't play to my strengths.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I also don't like long-winded novelists either though. Description is nice but novelists who take several pages (anne rice) totally turn me away from their books.

Blog Entries

Well having been subjugated to reading 50 Shades Of Grey at the moment I'll take being a long winded novelist a-la Robert Jordan, George R R Martin or Anne Rice than being a piss poor but brief writer like E L James.

Still I'm more concerned about the fact that for me to generate front site content is awkward because I never go near the damn thing.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

And that needs to change! What would make you visit it?

Blog Entries

Honestly I'm not 100% sure. I mean I know it sounds bad but the FF series currently holds little interest for me, XIII-2 is a non entity as far as I am concerned and XIV being another MMO means I'm really waiting for news on XV which it's still very early days for.

I think that for me personally I'd have need of visiting the front site for a reason so for example if I was doing a play through of a previous FF entry such as IX and got stuck somewhere or for some reason couldn't remember where Yam island is or grand dragons are found then I would go to EoFF first and foremost.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Do you like space? Do you like Final Fantasy VII? I wrote a great article about the two. It even referenced Mass Effect! There is more to the frontsite. People keep getting this idea that it is one dimensional and they never agree on the same dimension. I want to fuse some of you until you become members who go to the frontsite!!!

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

Perhaps you and I ought to talk some about article ideas my dear broseph. I could definitely do with refining some of the ideas I've had

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

What are your ideas! That's what this thread is for! Stop making us pull teeth to get this stuff out!

Blog Entries

Clearly the best type of article for me would be to do an opinion piece, a blog piece so to speak. Now clearly it has to be FF related/Square-Enix related.

Current ideas knocking around in my head:

Coolest FMVs in the PSX era
    Airships, why they're so prominent in the FF series and which would be the most realistically attainable aircraft in the real world.
    The FF9 ability system versus the materia system of FF7.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Just know that Dak did an airships feature in the end of June!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Ok so round 3 and I've gone for perhaps the most annoying blog entry title so far! What's more we love it!
    Words cannot begin to describe the shame I feel.

Also you need to learn what an FMV is before you write an article about them. Cut-scenes and FMVs are not the same thing. HALO REACH NEVER FORGET.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Iceglow, you often joke around with the members and staff of EoFF and are usually on the receiving end of these jokes. If you were to make Cid's Knight, how would you command the respect of the members and let them know who's boss? Please post your answer in a single paragraph.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum