Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'll have a console with my game thank you...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I would never really do that, to be honest with you. I'm more console-driven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I tend to stick more with consoles, I buy whatever Sony release because that's what I've always had, and a lot of XBox games I wanted to play have been released on PC or ported (e.g. Fable and Limbo).
    You know, I never really understood this mentality of console-driven. Probably because I tend to like third party games more than first party, but I will never quite understand the drive that makes people Nintendo, Sega, Sony or Microsoft fans...

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    You know, I never really understood this mentality of console-driven. Probably because I tend to like third party games more than first party, but I will never quite understand the drive that makes people Nintendo, Sega, Sony or Microsoft fans...
    This mentality is a bit strange to me as well. I could see if you just really like the first party titles from any of them, but buying a console because you liked the last one a company made seems like spotty reasoning to me.

As to the topic, I've bought consoles for specific games before. I got my SNES for Mario basically. An N64 for Mario 64, a Playstation for FFVII and RE2, Playstation 2 for FF and MGS2, Gamecube for, well, I'm not actually sure anymore. The RE remake probably, and Tales of Symphonia was a happy accident. PS3 for FF, Gran Turismo and MGS4.

Often the games I bought the console for aren't the reasons I'm happiest I got it though. The PS3 probably being the best example.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I will never quite understand the drive that makes people Nintendo, Sega, Sony or Microsoft fans...
    Well you see back in the day we had this little thing called "SNES vs. Sega Genesis" and if you didn't take a side then you failed as a ten-year-old *shakes cane*

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy, bought a 3ds just for them. That said, I have yet to finish Theatrhythem, 13, or 13-2.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    I will never quite understand the drive that makes people Nintendo, Sega, Sony or Microsoft fans...
    Well you see back in the day we had this little thing called "SNES vs. Sega Genesis" and if you didn't take a side then you failed as a ten-year-old *shakes cane*
    Oh honey, I was on the frontlines for all that(SNES 4 Life), but even back then I kind of knew it was a stupid argument based entirely around parents only buying one of the systems for their kids at the time. Maybe it's because my friends owned Sega systems and so we all would have sleep overs for the sole purpose of seeing what we were missing out on each system. I'm a huge Sonic fan, despite never owning a Sega system. Still, it was my love for Square that made me move away from Nintendo. I still love Zelda and Mario (didn't realize how much I missed them until I finally picked up a Wii) but my system purchases for the most part were based on where my third party companies went. I was a Final Fantasy Fan, I can understand sticking to Nintendo because you are a Zelda fan, but I can't fathom why someone would just stick to Nintendo or Sony, or Microsoft as companies.

I had both an SNES and a Genesis.

Blog Entries

Metal Gear and Chrono series. If a Monkey island ever came out exclusively on anything besides pc i would be pissed off but i'd probably cave into that console too.

Also the ICO series of games and Portal
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!