Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'll have a console with my game thank you...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default I'll have a console with my game thank you...

Discussions about KH3D got me into an interesting topic about what games or franchises are so good that you would buy a gaming console for it. This isn't just relegated to one game but basically, list what titles need to appear on a console before you will drop some serious cash to purchase a new gaming console/handheld/PC upgrade that your non-gamer friends and family say you don't need.

Persona
    Shin Megami Tensei
    Metal Gear - Yes despite my ranting that I wish the series would finally end forever.
    Assassin's Creed
    Monolith Soft
    Yasumi Matsuno

I'll try to think of some more.

At this point I'm limited to Shin Megami. Had I not already had one, Devil Survivor would have warrented the purchase of a DS for me.

Well, assuming there were other titles that looked good as well, I wouldn't drop that much for just a single game. But it's definately a huge step towards getting me there.

Persona
    Chrono (Hear that, Nintendo? Make a new one and I'll buy a new console!)
    Golden Sun

I think that's about it as far as series goes right now.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Mario
    Zelda
    Metroid
    Grabbed by the Ghoulies.

I can't wait for the next Sega console.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Suikoden.

I actually did buy two game consoles specifically for Suikoden games.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Final Fantasy
    Kingdom Hearts
    Mario
    Zelda

I think that's it for my must buy series. I bought a PS2 to play FFX, a PSP to play BBS, a PS3 to play FFXIII, a Wii to play Twilight Princess and Mario Galaxy.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Super Smash Bros. That's probably it.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One of the main reasons I bought the PS3 instead of the Xbox 360 was Metal Gear Solid 4. Metal Gear Solid 2 was my main motivation for buying the PS2 as well. So yeah the MGS series

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Way back in the day I bought a PlayStation for FF7.

I'm having trouble thinking of any these days. I'm not devoted enough to any series anymore, especially series on consoles. Oh I guess at some point I doubled my RAM specifically for WoW. xD

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I would never really do that, to be honest with you. I'm more console-driven.

Still, I bought an Xbox 360 for Dead Rising and a PS2 for MGS2. Yet despite my immense love of MGS3 I didn't buy a PS3 for MGS4!

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

I got my Vita for Assassin's Creed and Persona (although, still no Golden announcement for the UK ¬.¬)
    I would say Kingdom Hearts, but I still haven't dragged up the cash to stoop as low as to buy a 3DS for them..
    Metal Gear Solid definitely was the reason I got the PSP and PS3
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Well, at this point, I tend to have faith that games will be released that will earn my reasoning for purchasing a system, but I won't purchase the system until those games are released... and it's never one game. My mom bought the GBA one Christmas under the impression I'd appreciate having a mobile system despite the fact there were no games out that I wanted and I had never asked for it. But then Chain of Memories was released. I also got Zelda, Gunstar, SRTaisen...

There had been a game on the DS that I had wanted, but it wasn't a good enough reason to for me to buy. Then my mom asked for the DS for Christmas so she could play MillionHeir. She eventually stopped playing that and gave me the DS and I subsequently beat 358. I saw a few worthy games available for the PSP, but I only bought it when Crisis Core was released. I bought the PSP releases of Final Fantasy and FF2 and Dungeon Maker (that one I regretted), and then Dissidia came out...

For the 3DS, at the moment, at least, it seems that KH3Ds is the only reason for it.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I would have gotten a PS2 anyway, but I also would have gotten one just for Suikoden and Final Fantasy. FF and MGS were big reasons I got a PS3, though not at all the only factors.

Now... I don't think I could do it just for any one series.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Metal Gear, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, formerly Grand Theft Auto and I suppose now Call of Duty.

I bought my PSP for MGS: Peace Walker. My PS3 for MGS4. My Nintendo DS for Final Fantasy III. I actually bought my new laptop to coincide with Diablo III, but I wouldn't necessarily say I bought it for it.

Whichever handheld releases a FF/DQ first dictates when I'll buy a 3DS/Vita. And I would probably buy a next-gen console at launch for whateve year's Call of Duty is sure to come out on it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I bought my PSP for KH: BBS and if I had the money to burn then I'd probably buy a 3DS for KH3DS. Aside from that I tend to stick more with consoles, I buy whatever Sony release because that's what I've always had, and a lot of XBox games I wanted to play have been released on PC or ported (e.g. Fable and Limbo).