View Poll Results: Will you buy Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell to the yes! Launch date purchase, here I come!

19 38.00%
  • I'll get around to it, I'm sure. Eventually!

8 16.00%
  • Eh. Maybe.

5 10.00%
  • I don't think so, Tim.

14 28.00%
  • Everything about FFXIII is terrible to me, and therefore I refuse to give this game a chance.

4 8.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So, will you buy this game?

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Damn straight I will. =o Lightning certainly isn't my favourite character from the XIII series by any means, but I can't resist. I enjoyed XIII, I really enjoyed XIII-2, so fingers crossed the improvements will continue and I'll simply adore this one.
    This. As is customary for all FF titles for me now, it'll be Day 1 Super Special Edition Pre-Order purchase for me!
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Call it Lightning finally dies and it's a day-oner

Articles
    Blog Entries

No. I liked FFXIII, but there's just something about a Final Fantasy spinoff that I can't get down with. I bought and enjoyed Revenant Wings, and I can't say why that was different. Maybe the completely different art style, unique gameplay mash-up and the fact that I had played FFXII for like 300 hours within a year of its release had something to do with it. But not this.

I'm considerably turned-off by them openly making these games as "redemption titles." I don't think game developers should ever have to redeem themselves by crafting a make-up game, and I personally feel like Kitase and Toriyama have nothing to redeem themselves for. They've made better games than just about anyone else in the industry and they gave it their best shot with their first game of this generation, there was no need to waste the rest of it trying to make the same game but a little better.

I don't like the combat. Again, I enjoyed XIII, I enjoyed the combat system, but it's just not for me. I like turn-based, menu-based combat. I love poring over customization options, sorting items, and comparing statistics. I understand XIII-3 is changing up the actual combat a bit, but I still just don't think it's for me.

I still respect and appreciate people's rights to buy and enjoy this game.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

My venomous feelings toward Final Fantasy XIII that I did not purchase XIII-2 despite everyone telling me that it was better than the first in just about every way (except, you know, a cliffhanger ending). At this point, I have no interest in even following Final Fantasy XIII-3.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Well Lightning's outfit will be customisable, so you might be in luck black orb xD
    >>> And they better make it M-rated ..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

FFXIV Character

Valerna Softpaws (Sargatanas)

I would like to try the game out first before I buy it. The story does intrigue me though, so I wouldn't be to surprised if I just bought it

Nope.

While Lightning isn't a terrible character or lead she's sort of highly overrated imo. However if it was a game about Sazh, Fang or Noel then yeah it would of been a day one buy.

She's not the best Final Fantasy female or best Final Fantasy lead, but for some reason Square-Enix believes that she is.

Ya ever eat a lot of something and you feel gross for it but you're at the last piece so you're like oh I might as well

Banned

Of course! I've loved everything so far, it would be silly not to join lovely Lightning on the end of her quest!

FFXIV Character

Omni Odin (Sargatanas)

Why not. I like the XIII-verse in its own way enough. But God isn't it almost gettin like the typical trilogy formula? The first ends happy, second is a cliffhanger, third is finale time. I'm down to see where they decide to end this.
    Final Fantasies defeated
    Playing

I, II, III, IV, IVAY, V, VI, VII, VIIDoC, VIICC , VIII, Tactics, TA, TA2, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII:RW, XIII, XIII-2, XIII:LR, XIV, Type-0, XV

FavoriteToLeastFavorite : VII>X>Tactics>IX>IV>VIII>XV>VI>XII>X-2>XIII>TA2>V>XIII-2>III>I>LR:FFXIII>II