Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine View Post
    You mean like President Deling?
    President Deling describes himself as the lifetime president of Galbadia. I hadn't considered that he was a dictator as I thought he earned his position somehow in the eyes of the people.

I can't imagine that Laguna would tie himself to the office of presidency for the rest of his life.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Timsierramist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    You may want to consider that different types of democracies have different terms and term limits for their elected executive.

I know that there are a few countries that have longer term cycles of eight years and up. I think that the fact that they use the term president rather than something else establishes the fact that he is, at the very least, an elected official rather than a dictator like Adel. They take time to explain that Esthar was different back then.
    Yes. Laguna has ruled for at least 17 years in FFVIII, right? Any democracies we know that run term limits that long or longer? If so, is it still considered a democracy?
    I think its silly that countries have to kick out thier leaders after a certain timelimit even if they are doing great and the people might be willing to re-elected them term after term. You dont fire your senior employees because they have too much experience
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Timsierramist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    You may want to consider that different types of democracies have different terms and term limits for their elected executive.

I know that there are a few countries that have longer term cycles of eight years and up. I think that the fact that they use the term president rather than something else establishes the fact that he is, at the very least, an elected official rather than a dictator like Adel. They take time to explain that Esthar was different back then.
    Yes. Laguna has ruled for at least 17 years in FFVIII, right? Any democracies we know that run term limits that long or longer? If so, is it still considered a democracy?
    I think its silly that countries have to kick out thier leaders after a certain timelimit even if they are doing great and the people might be willing to re-elected them term after term. You dont fire your senior employees because they have too much experience
    I agree. Also It also seems the revolutionary members elected him after Adel, versus the people, at least that's what the game slightly implies.