Thread: Shorty's Round 3 Eleventh Hour Mog Blog

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Shorty's Round 3 Eleventh Hour Mog Blog

Whew! Barely made the article submission by the skin of my teeth. Nearly forgot to make my Mog Blog for this round, so here it goes!

Miss Freyacrest asked our opinions on the frontsite. To be honest, I don't utilize the frontsite as often as I perhaps should. Shameful as a CK competitor, I know! It seems like there's been a spark in activity as of late - even as of this year. I seem to recall a period where there wasn't much activity on the frontsite so... there was no need to really check it! That's no excuse anymore, though. There's a fine bunch of articles up at the moment and I think that we have some great content coming in from different sources.

As for the pre-existing content in regard to the games themselves, I'm not sure what else could be asked for! Everything that I could want to be available for a game I'm playing through seems to be there. I would suggest giving Millie a crack at the front site, though - I know she'd have some great ideas for it and she's so creative with the FF games already.

I think it would be neat to have featured member blogs on the frontsite. I feel like our blogs are something that are grossly underused here (and I'm totally guilty of it) and we should be utilizing their potential! Perhaps the more people use them, the more if will influence others to use them and then we can have some interesting featured member pieces on the frontsite! I think it would be a neat way to incorporate the members to the front as a special thanks for making a great post.

Also, on the frontsite there doesn't really seem to be... anything directing newcomers to the forums. That's what we need to keep the site alive, right? The articles are great, the FF content is great - find a way to draw in the lurkers and get them to stay and post. Throw in links for active FF threads or general gaming threads or even something in GC or an event that's going on. Not promoting the actual forums on the front site feels like a wasted opportunity!

The Round 3 Challenge was fun, but I put it off for far too long and was scrambling at the last minute because I thought I had plenty of time. Turns out the piece I wanted to do involved much more research time than I had allowed for myself, so that was a timeliness error on my part. I originally had an idea for a creative piece that I thought would be a kinda neat/different spin for the frontsite, but it involved the use of photos and I didn't have my camera available. I may utilize my own blog for that instead, though!

As always, participating in the competition has been a blast so far. We have some good people left that I think would make awesome CKs, so I'm anxious to see what the results are.

also shoutout to freyacrest for making it all happen what what girrrrl

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Baloki and I occasionally make summary posts of forum stuff! That's the most recent one. I agree though that we need to figure a way to pull in more people.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've seen those! Summary posts are indeed good. I just think we need something like an active sidebar like the one on the forums that Dak and Daniel are harassing everyone to use.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I don't harass people, I just shake my head disappointedly at them. The sidebar was put there for a reason and I get oodles of use out of it!

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That was a loving comment directed at you because you're such a good reminder