Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An act of Kindess, An act of Gratitude.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Relm An act of Kindess, An act of Gratitude.

So when was the last time you've been kind to someone and lend a helping hand?

I remembered I was rushing home a week or so ago and I met an old lady carrying a lot of stuffs.I helped her carry her stuffs to her house and she held my hands and say "Thank you".

A simple act such as this can make a difference to a person life. I wondered if I've just walked away like the other passer-by, how would she be? Will she still be struggling to carry her stuffs back or I just pray that someone that is not me will give her a hand?

The simple choices that we made in life can play a major difference in others' life whether good or bad. It is also your choice whether to show the gratitude to the person that once helped you. Even if it is just a simple mere "Thank You"

While on the topic, I wish to take the chance to express my gratitude to Lynx or better known as Madonna now. Hey, whatever name you are being addressed now, you're still the best.

The amount of things that you have done for me and helped me with is countless or I lost count cause of my fading memory. Old woman here, sorry! But just take my current avatar that you made as an example, it really meant a lot to me.

The drawings that you had done, and that forums that you had created for me, I'm so sorry to have wasted your effort but I just wanted to tell you that I really appreciate it. Everything, all those that you had done.

Hope you like my piglets and my little self portrait!! I've always wanted to do something for you before I leave the forums everytime in the past. But for some reasons, I always forget. But now, no more!!!! Thank you Lynx!!! Thank you so much!!

Most recently I helped my sisters friend pack up for her move, which took about 8 hours in total.

I helped a person load up a large drawer when I saw them while I walked by.

I stopped to make sure two people in a wreck were alright, waited until an ambulance arrived (They were both alright though), was even late to work for that one.

I'm a pretty bitchin' person like that.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't want Christmas to leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Lynx made my Pimp Unne avatar too!

I do nice things for people by gracing them with my presence. More seriously, I helped my sister with her homework and helped a poor, overworked secretary with her filing while waiting for my supervisor to get in. She said I was her hero.

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

Beyond common courtesies like holding the door open, I can think of two in the past couple of months.

I spent part of the summer shadowing a doctor friend of my mom's. Most of my time was spent at nursing homes and assisted living facilities, so most of the people I worked with were disabled in some form. I remember that one man who had recently arrived was looking for my superior. She was busy and didn't hear him, but I noticed him and walked over to see what he needed. He asked if he could have more physical therapy sessions, as they seemed to help his health. I told my boss about it, and she was able to write a prescription for it. Even though he was told he'd have to pay out of pocket for it, he seemed happy about it. It was nice that he was able to get something that he might otherwise would have had to wait longer for if I weren't paying attention that day.

The other is when I had to help with assembling and disassembling lights and sets during a production of The Music Man that I was cast in. A lot of it consisted of having to lift heavy boxes and other items. I can tell you that my arms were throbbing after doing this, but the great show we put on made it all worth it.

Blog Entries

Every. Single. Day. Sarah and I are easily the most kind and generous people that either of us know. Which is strange, considering we are also the most cynical.

Christmas don't go
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

She'll be back in a few months anyway.

Blog Entries

That's too long
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Hope you're back for Christmas, Christmas!

A few weeks ago, a stranger (a girl probably a bit younger than me), was waiting for a bus that she was unsure was coming. She asked me about it so I looked it up on my phone to find out that it didn't show up for the time she expected. Unfortunately, when her next bus was due to come her transfer would have expired but mine had about an extra hour left on it, so I swapped with her.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I make it a habit to be nice to people so that I don't remember when I am. Although the day I helped a blind guy cross the street in NYC made me happy because he was saying thank you so much and everyone around me seemed to just ignore him.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

What I meant is I always forget the last few times when I softa left and just in case I left, I have done what I wanna do years back!! Not saying I am leaving though, sorry if it is misleading!!!

Also, it is a good thread to show your gratitude to others too!! Like any EoFFers that helped you!!! I got a few to list out!! Think will update more when I got the time!!!

Psychotic

HAHAHAHA, the trout talks that we had together and the helps that you rendered lol. You little walrus head is still using the profile pic that I drew!!! Thank you!!!

Resha

Glad that you are doing well in the uni!!! Although you might not see this or can someone be kind enough to send this to her? You are my fav FROG always and MASMAS HATES SHASHA for life!!!

Shiny

I will keep this private in our little private room having our private moments. Good 2011 elections moments together!!

Rantzien

OMG, you are like the best son that ever comes out of any vagina in the world. Thank you for your help with all the designs and technical related things!!! I remember I used to PM you for all those helps!!! THANK YOU!!!

Old Manus

You smurfing dickhead. You smurfing stinks like a smurfing tofu that have been smurfing rotting in the smurfing drain. Let me give you a smurfing hug before you go smurfing die.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So many EoFFers have helped me actually. Let's see...

Rye taught me some graphic design tips.
    Rantzien and O_o helped with technical stuffs.
    DK and Psychotic taught me how to teabag on Halo.
    Leeza or rubah (can't remember) taught me how to stop being a nub and post pictures correctly on the forums. I didn't know how to do the html codes or whatever. I didn't even know what CSS meant.

I once wrote an essay for an EoFFer who was having serious writer's block. He got an A on it and it brought his grade up dramatically since essays counted for a higher percentage of his grade. It was a pretty good deed considering he was failing the class.

In terms of good deeds outside EoFF, I can't remember them all. I think ultimately it tends to have something to do with a homeless person though.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Resha

Glad that you are doing well in the uni!!! Although you might not see this or can someone be kind enough to send this to her? You are my fav FROG always and MASMAS HATES SHASHA for life!!!
    She got your message

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Quote Originally Posted by Faris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Resha

She got your message
    DAMN YOU FARIS I WAS JUST ABOUT TO PULL UP HER EMAIL AND SEND IT TO HER!

"OMG, you are like the best son that ever comes out of any vagina in the world."

Should I make this my signature...?