Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kweh! Kweh! Kweh!'s Elite Eight Blog!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I'm gunning for that too. 5.94 almost there!!!

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I'm hoping to hit 10,000 soon!

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I made only one promise about this round, I will not alter my opinions previous to discussion to please anyone. My opinions are my opinions, so if that activity thread damns me instead of proving a point, I don't care. That thread will probably get the mosts posts, exactly proving my point of a large problem of this site.

EDIT: Quinny no. Not you.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 09-05-2012 at 12:37 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oh Quin, what could punishment have meant in that context other than demotion? I wish I was hearing what he actually had to said instead of what he's saying for the staff to hear

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Sticking to your guns is good Danny boy!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

http://home.eyesonff.com/krissy-her-...ml#post3124102

Speed run thread done. Need a picture of the title for flair, but that's about it.

EDIT: Starting to get the EC involved, an event this large I'm going to need a little help.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 09-05-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I'm hoping we can get the EC back up into popularity it was at first. More people excited about events and stuff.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That escalated quickly. I'm pretty sure Bleys just compared removing a staff title until a person asks for it back to laying off employees

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Catching up on a contest this big is a right bitch. >_>;

I have three main concerns regarding yourself as a staffer, Mr. Boko.

1. Activity. Many people have come and gone in flourishes in the past, yourself included. Many people have had good reasons, too - it's not a bad thing to have a life, and I respect it entirely. My query is simple: You say you are going to stick around. What happens if the server goes to crap again? What happens if, upon getting to your next destination in life (uni/work/chicken coop/whatever) you find yourself snowed under? There tend to be three options when this happens. Firstly, announce your departure from being active. Secondly, hang around during whatever hours you can muster together making posts and whatnot. Thirdly, sort of hang around, but not really be very active, and kind of just waver until the staff say "er, you're kind of inactive, and this is awkward, but..."

2. Attitude. Okay, you don't have much of an attitude lately, but you haven't really been hugely active over the years so I will be up front and say that in the past you were really rude on occasion. This is two years or more ago, sure, but you have to understand that you haven't been around on a consistent level since then so it's tricky to really judge your attitude. It looks great and all, but sometimes either a troll, an idiot or an old "friend" will come along and you will just really want to bite at them. What happens then?

3. Enthusiasm for Final Fantasy. In recent months I have had a yearning for more people who are genuinely pumped for Final Fantasy to join staff. Now, these people are (sadly) few and far between and I'm not sure how many even exist on EoFF these days, but the question remains. This is a Final Fantasy website. How interested are you in Final Fantasy? If possible, answer for past, recent and future Final Fantasy games. Because I know you're loving getting questions lately.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Catching up on a contest this big is a right bitch. >_>;

I have three main concerns regarding yourself as a staffer, Mr. Boko.

1. Activity. Many people have come and gone in flourishes in the past, yourself included. Many people have had good reasons, too - it's not a bad thing to have a life, and I respect it entirely. My query is simple: You say you are going to stick around. What happens if the server goes to crap again? What happens if, upon getting to your next destination in life (uni/work/chicken coop/whatever) you find yourself snowed under? There tend to be three options when this happens. Firstly, announce your departure from being active. Secondly, hang around during whatever hours you can muster together making posts and whatnot. Thirdly, sort of hang around, but not really be very active, and kind of just waver until the staff say "er, you're kind of inactive, and this is awkward, but..."
    If I'm staff and it is something like a server problem, I'll fight through it and fight to help fix it. Then it will be a responsibility of mine to be here through thick and thin, a responsibility I do not have as a normal user or even as a Recognized Member. If it's a life issue that absolutely makes this place impossible to muster and keep up with, I'll step down. I don't think that will happen, because I've spent a lot of time over the past 2 years getting myself in a position to succeed, but if life was predictable, it'd be easy. Apparently I'm the only contestant here who feels staff need to be active to be effective. If I was unable to perform in a matter I consider satisfactory and I hold myself to a high standard, I would step down until I could perform again.

2. Attitude. Okay, you don't have much of an attitude lately, but you haven't really been hugely active over the years so I will be up front and say that in the past you were really rude on occasion. This is two years or more ago, sure, but you have to understand that you haven't been around on a consistent level since then so it's tricky to really judge your attitude. It looks great and all, but sometimes either a troll, an idiot or an old "friend" will come along and you will just really want to bite at them. What happens then?
    I've done a lot of growing up and what happens then is exactly what happens this very second BoB! I take myself out of the situation. I'll be honest, many of the opinions I'm seeing in the in the Mog Central forum seem to be a lot of people sucking up to staff and not necessarily saying what they believe in. I'm heated about that right now. So I'm not going to engage. I'm going to let it go. If say PuPu was unbanned, someone I know from real life and do not get along with at all. I would let someone else from staff handle it and I would keep my mouth closed. A staff team is a team for a reason right? I don't have to deal with everything myself and I'm mature enough to know when to shut my yap (like right now in that staff activity thread). Especially because I know I can be wrong but my emotion won't let me see it at the time. I think I've learned how to use my natural strong headedness when I need it, and shut myself down when it's going to make me say something I regret. Or at the very least apologize for it later on.

3. Enthusiasm for Final Fantasy. In recent months I have had a yearning for more people who are genuinely pumped for Final Fantasy to join staff. Now, these people are (sadly) few and far between and I'm not sure how many even exist on EoFF these days, but the question remains. This is a Final Fantasy website. How interested are you in Final Fantasy? If possible, answer for past, recent and future Final Fantasy games. Because I know you're loving getting questions lately.
    I can't give you much more than my word on this one. Final Fantasy is my favorite game series. I've beaten I, IV-X, XII, XIII and some spinoffs and I'll continue to play, I actually just picked up a ROM of FFV advance because I don't have my DS with me and I intend to beat that game because it's a shame I haven't.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 09-05-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Had DJ Jewboy do his crazy music magic so name that FFIV song is done. Gonna make the FFI Speed Run JPEG tonight.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

You and Jewboy are a magic duo. I'm looking forward to seeing this event run. On fiyah

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Gobo, say you didn't win this competition. What do you think your immediate reaction would be and what would your lasting reaction be?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Gobo, say you didn't win this competition. What do you think your immediate reaction would be and what would your lasting reaction be?
    Well, I did specifically say in the first round if you all put me in the final round I'd find and kill all of you

Nah.
    Immediate reaction

Lasting reaction: I'd get over it after a day or so, and go run my event, and start my 'boko playing FFV thread I planned on making, and read the FF forums, and post in the dark souls thread and just generally post the way I would've had this not gone on.

Don't get me wrong, I really want to win this, Kace and Dakoda probably only made that more so (which didn't particularly help ). The staff are leaders of the forum, but so are active users who run things, I don't need a shiny CK title to be a "leader" here, I feel I just need to go about my business as I normally do.

EDIT: man I blew a mini trout-fit yesterday, ah someone had to stir the pot. Lest we just have a circle jerk of agreement!
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 09-06-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    The staff are leaders of the forum, but so are active users who run things, I don't need a shiny CK title to be a "leader" here, I feel I just need to go about my business as I normally do.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!