(I guess I'm going with the Contestant's Choice topic here!)

As we all know, activity isn't what it used to be for this place, but goshdarnit we still have a lot of active members bouncing around these parts! There are those members who are all-stars at posting, but so few members utilize the Blog feature that is available to us. I'm definitely guilty of it - I've made one post so far. We gotta step it up!

What kinds of things would you like to see with blog usage? Is there anything you think that should be changed about them? Should we have a Featured Blogger or Featured Post, perhaps something that could be highlighted on the front site? How can we boost activity with our EoFF blogs? How does the blog content differ from posting on the actual forums? Does it need to differ?

In the instantaneous technology world, it's true that sites like LiveJournal, etc are slowly dying because the need to update update update every little thought we immediately have is solved by Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr. How can we encourage members to devote their time to writing blog posts here? Hell, copy what you write from Facebook, from Blogspot, from wherever else you posted it! Maybe perhaps a topic doesn't warrant the attention of a thread, but it's still something you'd like a minor conversation on. The best part about blogs is that the posts don't need to conform to any sort of specific topics as needs to be done with the forums. So why aren't we doing this more?

I would definitely like to see more utilization. I'm going to make a goal to post atleast a few blog entries a week - one at the very least - and I think it would be great if more people did the same thing. I think that by becoming involved more with eachothers' lives, no matter how little, this place can slowly redevelop the intimate feel between members that I know I used to feel here.