Thread: Difficult questions about Duane

Blog Entries

Default Debatable questions about Duane

In my recent "Guess Who?" thread there were several questions which I found difficult to answer due to their subjectivity

We will discuss them here:

First question by Sephex
    Do you have long hair?
    At first thought Im sure many of you like me might think "No absolutely not, he uses a pallete swapped generic town man sprite, they have short hair!"
    But if you observe the back of his head closely you will see the townman indeed has a short pony tail, something I did not notice until i started the guess who thread
    Duane%20-%20Walk%20(Back).gif
    Would you refer to this small pony tail as long hair?

Second question, by Jiro
    Are you a person of great influence?
    Now how would one define "great influence", assuming you collected Terra, Duane is a compulsary plot element in the game, not just a wandering Npc. He also makes an appearance in the ending and provides part of the emotional drive for Terra's plot, but at the same time he has little direct effect on world events.

The next two questions by Greatermaximus
    Are you mostly inside of a building?
    Are you mostly outside of a building?

I think it was safe to say Duane was inside as much as he was outside so i answered no to both, would anyone care to argue?

The next Question by quin
    Are those others [people you live with] your family?
    Now there is no evidence (to my knowledge) Duane and Katarin ever got married, only that they concieved a child, throughout the second half of the game he is living with the children in Mobliz, we dont know who he lives with in the first half. I answered 'yes' because technically he is with his family at the very end when the baby is born (assuming he stays, and doesnt just run off abandoning his child) but would you say Duane lives with his family?

Feel free to bring up any other things you wish to discuss about Duane, the only man who has evidence of getting laid in the postapocalyptic wasteland
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 09-06-2012 at 04:58 AM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I was simply trying to garner whether he played key roles in the Returners, Empire or was a leader of a town or something like that. Vague questions are usually the way to go.

I'd say long hair is the go. It's longer than most men's hair, although at the same time the cast of FFVI have long hair. I think Locke and Strago are the only guys with short hair?!

I'd say Katarin counts as family, and they sort of adopt the other children in a sense, so I'd've said yes too.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

Well once Terra leaves one might consider him Leader of Mobliz since the only other person over 12 is busy ejecting spawn
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

That's a tough point. Honestly, the fact you said no to be him being influential wouldn't have discounted Duane. I don't know if anyone would really consider him influential on the same scale as the Empire or even, say, Chancellor of Figaro.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.