Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Halo 4

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Halo 4

Ok so we know someone had to make this thread. Let's get your jokes out of the way now Paul, Dan, Huxley, Quin's Mother. Honestly they're boring me it's gotten old.

So who other than the ones such as myself, Paul and Dan (who will most certainly wind up with it) is going to get it?

What do you think of the things seen so far? I think the changes to CTF, Griffball and oddball will be welcome. For those who don't know about the changes 343 industries have brought to these game types here's a summary:
    • Flag carriers may now wield a magnum alongside the flag.
    • Flag carriers can now achieve a "Flagsassination" assassination move which involves impaling the enemies skull with the flag and giving it a brain destroying wiggle.
    • Oddball game type allows players to get an assassination with the bomb, this disintegrates players enemies.
    • Oddball also allows the use of a magnum side arm when holding the bomb. No word as yet as to if this will be in other game types where a bomb is used.
    • Oddball allows the bomb to be passed between players by throwing it much like a grenade, these passes can be intercepted by a well placed opponent allowing the game to flow faster and encouraging more team work in such game types.
    • Griffball also allows passing of the bomb same as in Oddball. You can also intercept a pass or control a pass by hitting it with the gravity hammer
    • Griffball rewards a steal of the ball with the sword with immediate control of the bomb by the sword bearer. If the player utilizes the gravity hammer to kill the ball carrier the ball becomes free on the floor and they will have to scoop it up

I think the changes so far seem to be for the best. There's several other changes to loadouts and the like where players will be able to set their own weapon pairings so no more having to choose between starting with a DMR and pistol but crap ability or a good ability but crap weapons as was often a problem in Halo Reach (though of course being set after Halo 3, Halo 4 is set to feature a return of the 3 round burst firing Battle Rifle rather than the individual shot of the DMR. I wouldn't mind seeing both though to be honest)

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I totally forgot you guys are addicted to this online Halo stuff. I've been playing Reach a lot recently, are you all destroying toddlers on that or are you a part of the Halo X forever group?

I'm excited for the story of Halo 4 more than anything, I read the books and the fact that I was left hanging at the end of I think it was Ghost Protocol or something upset me. I want to know what happens!

Blog Entries

None of us really have played a Halo in ages. I can't recall but I doubt any of us have actually brought Halo CE though I was tempted to do so (actually own the first two as original xbox titles. Maybe the CE would be fun because Halo Reach level graphics but I'd have been happier if there was the Halo Reach mechanics involved too)

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

It's going to be an utterly terrible and worthless game without merit that I will devote a thousand hours of my life to.

Blog Entries

Are they gonna say no more Halo games after this one too?

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I think this is the start of a new trilogy and I am hoping they are good.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Let's face it, I'm going to buy this game, dedicate a stupid amount of hours to it, then bitch about it in that order.

Blog Entries

Lets face it we all know I'm going to dedicate some stupid amount of time getting the legendary solo playthrough achievement whilst being ridiculed over an xbl party for even bothering myself with it.

Blog Entries

I am over Halo ten million ways from Sunday. For a science-fiction game, there sure is a lot of repetition in terms of fantastic alien architecture, weapons, and planets. Halo 4 will be worth playing multiplayer because everyone and their mother will have a copy, but otherwise it may as well be as redundant as a new Madden or Call of Duty title.

If it is similar to Halo 3, I will probably get it. Reach was a steaming pile of trout (imho), and my friends and I still play 3. It's really sad to see a population of like 90 on Team Doubles these dayz.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    If it is similar to Halo 3, I will probably get it. Reach was a steaming pile of trout (imho), and my friends and I still play 3. It's really sad to see a population of like 90 on Team Doubles these dayz.
    Bungie.net : Halo 3 Game Details

perfection

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was totally over Halo because of Bungie's lack of involvement, but some of those changes sounds intriguing enough to consider it.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I do like the notion of using my magnum while carrying a flag!

I have CE but I've tried it online and I dunno if something changed with my network or it's badly coded or what but it's unplayably laggy for me so

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    I have CE but I've tried it online and I dunno if something changed with my network or it's badly coded or what but it's unplayably laggy for me so
    Maybe it's cause the person you were playing it with is several thousand miles away

Blog Entries

Noticed some pre-order information today, seems for the UK Amazon and Game have the strongest pre-order bonuses. HMV has a relatively poor showing and supermarkets you might as well not bother with since I don't see any offering anything on this.