Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Family Matters

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Am I the only one who saw the thread title and was disappointed the topic wasn't Steve Urkel related?
    I am also disappointed in the lack of Urkel.

And my family is fairly normal, at least relatively speaking. My grandfather is a Birther, though he's as crazy as it gets.
    It's a rare condition, in this day and age
    To read any good news on the newspaper page
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm pretty sure they don't care about me as much as I care about them, but that's okay.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    I'm pretty sure they don't care about me as much as I care about them, but that's okay.
    I'm pretty sure my family cares about me more than I care about them. I'm not sure which is worse, though I do believe this makes me a much more terrible person than you.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

My parents separated in March. Well. My father kicked my mother out on the street in March. His 18 month or so affair with a 20 year old reached a point where he thought it best to do away his actual family. No real loss for me, most people I knew in meatspace were surprised to learn I even had a father.

My brother is a heavy smoker (marijuana) with severe anger management issues and possibly other mental disorders. He recently sold a television and motorbike that didn't belong to him because $250 a week was not enough money for him to live on apparently. He was on worker's compensation following an injury so that money was completely free with no effort required, plus he was not paying rent, for food, or for fuel. There are only so many ways you can burn that much money in that period of time. He has threatened to cut the brakes in my car and plant drugs to get me arrested several times. He has also threatened to kill me and attempted to attack my father with an axe.

My mother is somewhat of an emotional wreck now and being on suicide watch is a little bit draining. I'm fairly certain that she would not go to such lengths but considering the things she says and the random moments of hysteria, I would rather be safe than sorry. She suffers from numerous stress induced issues including heart irregularities which have had her admitted to hospital several times.

I think that covers it.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

My sister just named her second child Bear Claude

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    My parents separated in March. Well. My father kicked my mother out on the street in March. His 18 month or so affair with a 20 year old reached a point where he thought it best to do away his actual family. No real loss for me, most people I knew in meatspace were surprised to learn I even had a father.

My brother is a heavy smoker (marijuana) with severe anger management issues and possibly other mental disorders. He recently sold a television and motorbike that didn't belong to him because $250 a week was not enough money for him to live on apparently. He was on worker's compensation following an injury so that money was completely free with no effort required, plus he was not paying rent, for food, or for fuel. There are only so many ways you can burn that much money in that period of time. He has threatened to cut the brakes in my car and plant drugs to get me arrested several times. He has also threatened to kill me and attempted to attack my father with an axe.

My mother is somewhat of an emotional wreck now and being on suicide watch is a little bit draining. I'm fairly certain that she would not go to such lengths but considering the things she says and the random moments of hysteria, I would rather be safe than sorry. She suffers from numerous stress induced issues including heart irregularities which have had her admitted to hospital several times.

I think that covers it.

I am so sorry to hear that. You must take care of yourself well for your mum and your future.

All the best.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post

I think that covers it.
    Jesus smurf! I am so sorry Jiro.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

And you guys wonder why he went "crazy!" poor dak WE STILL LOVE YOU.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    I'm pretty sure my family cares about me more than I care about them.
    Ditto. Only possible exception being my sister.

EDIT: Holy trout, Jiro. I hope you're doing ok.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

My mother's side of the family is very pleasant. My mom's great, her parents are great, and the extended family is fun to be around.

My father is a crazed conservative, and my seventeen-year-old sister is the bad kind of insane, but that side of the family is otherwise mostly okay. Nana and Pa are senile and grow weed; I loves them.

My mother-in-law is neurotic and probably a fundie, but I don't have to hear about it much and she's otherwise great, and the rest of my in-laws are really nice.

I'm pretty lucky. The only member of my family I don't care for is my sister, who ran away and is now many miles from me.

I broke the test tube before I was implanted into my incubation host.

I send the test tube christmas cards but...fences will never be mended.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Firstly, all you Idaho people need to hop one state over to get to Montana, the cool state.

Secondly, Jiro, I'm so sorry to hear all of that

Ummm my family. My dad is basically hiding from the IRS because he owes them hundreds of thousands. Fortunately they can't do much about it except silently hate him. My mom is... sweet but kinda has some serious emotional/mental issues. My parents are separated.

My brother is 26 and a NEET, dropped out of college the first semester and has ever since then lived with my dad doing the (very) occasional odd job while he plays games all day.

My sister is 21, has no drivers' license, no car, has never had a job and never been to college, and she's getting married to a guy who works part-time at McDonalds in like two months. (Everyone is telling her it's a bad idea except for the bishop of her church so guess who she's listening to? )

I have three other sisters aged 18, 16 and 12. They were all homeschooled their entire life and as far as I'm aware have no plans for anything after "high school". They basically just play video games all day.

I'm the oldest and really the only one with a car, a job, and a college education. Which I'm using to work overnights at a big box store.

So basically we are a family of UTTER FAILURES!

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dak! Come live in California with me! I'll protect you. <3

My family is "normal" my parents fight about crap from time to time, my sister is an annoying little girl, and my brother smokes a lot of pot.