Thread: Congratulations!

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Congratulations!

In this hypothetical thread, you've won the CK competition. You are active and helpful in staff for many years, but for some reason, things just don't turn out right. Final Fantasy goes stale, the people willing to join a forum about it continues to decline, until eventually newbies go from few and far between, to completely non-existent. The userbase becomes stagnant and slowly but surely even some of the most dedicated and active users leave. Even general chat, the last stronghold of spam becomes a barren inactive forum. The site is filled with more and more unblockable ads, and is sold repeatedly.

However there is hope. The most prominent staff members salvage together almost all the cash they need to buy the site. They come to you for the last bit they need and tell you that this help will give you a permanent seat in ownership. The monetary amount is no issue for you to give but first you need to discuss plans with the other staff members what they want to do, because you know a simple change of ownership will not establish a userbase like the site had in all its glory.

The old staff members want to hear your opinion what they should do with the site first. How do you answer?

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Tell the female staffers to start showing more skin.

I probably would be enough of a sucker to try to help out. I gave money to Sean on his call for help to pay for EoFF's hosting -- though he left out the ownership interest, the bastard. But there is no magic wand to wave to get people active. EoFF started because Sean created an entirely empty message board and invited some people he barely knew over. They posted, and invited more people, and even strangers started finding it. The best place to start would just to be active again and be determined to make it work, even if it's just a core group of people posting a lot. Like Jiro.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

First, I'd redo the game info pages. The only reason I joined EoFF is because the FFIX page was so good. People come to EoFF for FF information; if it isn't clear and comprehensive, they won't bother looking any deeper. I actually intend to do this slowly but surely as I play through all the FFs, but PM me if you want to know more.

Once that's done, regular news articles and editorials to keep the frontsite interesting. Once again, this is what total newbies will see first; we need to make a good first impression.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Flambard D'Quinceteth View Post
    First, I'd redo the game info pages. The only reason I joined EoFF is because the FFIX page was so good. People come to EoFF for FF information; if it isn't clear and comprehensive, they won't bother looking any deeper. I actually intend to do this slowly but surely as I play through all the FFs, but PM me if you want to know more.

Once that's done, regular news articles and editorials to keep the frontsite interesting. Once again, this is what total newbies will see first; we need to make a good first impression.
    Can I agree with Quin and Raistlin. Just being active helps keep this place interesting. And keeping up with the front site will make things seem far less dead than if they're actually dead. Perhaps in such dire straights we could stop pretending to be an FF centered site and go all the way with all Square Enix titles. It'd be an excuse for more front site game content as well I guess.

I'd like to see the game info pages updated as well Quin, though I've been told this is such a monumental undertaking it will probably never happen to the degree I'd want.

Recognized Member milliegoesbeep's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I'd like to redesign the front site so make it easier to navigate, redesign all the guides and walkthroughs and make articles a weekly thing. Perhaps even try to advertise the site a little somehow. I don't know, I'd just try and get the site a little bit more flare
    ​a calm sea never made a skillful sailor | MILLIEGOESBEEP

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flambard D'Quinceteth View Post

Can I agree with Quin and Raistlin. Just being active helps keep this place interesting. And keeping up with the front site will make things seem far less dead than if they're actually dead. Perhaps in such dire straights we could stop pretending to be an FF centered site and go all the way with all Square Enix titles. It'd be an excuse for more front site game content as well I guess.

I'd like to see the game info pages updated as well Quin, though I've been told this is such a monumental undertaking it will probably never happen to the degree I'd want.
    I'm gonna be around for a while. Take one step at a time xD.