Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ReloadPsi plays Awful Fantasy 3 - Mildly offensive ROM hack ahoy!

There'll be more soon; already got the next batch of screenies captured, just gotta compress and upload them. Just... not yet. This will keep going, don't worry.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Glad to hear it! It's not as polished a hack as the FFV one but it's still good fun for sure.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Right, I've managed to eke out a bit of an update. I'll do some more through the week though.

First off, I fooled you in the last one: I didn't really look around the Newbie Classroom. Ha-ha!

No, instead we headed for Figaro Castle as per the story.

Hey.

I forgot to come back and talk to the guys in the cells, but they're robots and I think they mostly talk about pushing people down some stairs.

Here are some more interestingly renamed items.

I think the poison status was meant to be renamed AIDS but apparently they didn't do that. All the other poison-related items and terms in-game suggest it was the case. The :10bux: is a reference to one of their forum emoticons... I think. It costs $10 to sign up to the SA forums as it keeps undesirable members out and pays their bandwidth costs, and bannable offences tend to result in people posting this. Also I think SA aren't keen on ravers.

In any case, time to meet the king.

I believe El Pinto Grande is meant to be a Mexican lucha-libre wrestler - more on that later - of whom Pipebomb is not fond.

I'm not entirely sure what this "triangle of deceit" refers to. Time for some random NPC dialogues.

Sam Jain? Remember that for later.

You might remember that Al is the character who replaced Gestahl in OMGWTFBBQ's flashback. Also keep in mind this was released in the early 2000s when the X-Box was perceived to be a more discredited console than it is now.

(I believe Lowtax is the founder of SA.)

Now, on with the story.

By the way, when you have the moogles (or Servebots in this case) in your party at the start of the game their names take up the spaces normally reserved for the upcoming party members, as seen here where the ROM hacker has forgotten to take that into account, resulting in this misanthropic lady being incorrectly known as "Ms Bagpus" :P

But who is she?

Ms Ozma is one of my favourite characters in this game. She doesn't say much, but when she does it's usually quite unpleasant. Also I find it odd that completely recolouring Terra is enough to make her come across as a new character. Must be the general lack of clothing.

I'm not sure what this is a reference to.

But I suspect this is a Shadowhearts reference. Awesome.

Uh... **sweatdrop**

Who could they be talking about? Find out real soon, I promise :3

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

That Terra sprite actually looks really nice. Figures that Edgar would end up being some kind of nutter.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

This. This is amazing. Holy trout.

I remember this hack being rather amusing. It'll be fun to go through it again.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)