Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Double Edged Sword of the Social Media archive

I'm 30. I've been an 'adult' since I've had social media.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I went looking through my old LJ for something sufficiently cringeworthy and didn't find anything that I hadn't deleted or locked that fit the bill.

I did, however, find this, and it made my day. I must Evernote it at once.

EDIT: Point being, social media has some awesome benefits as well.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Cookie

Christmas likes to post in third person to her wonderful goddess in EoFF with lots and lots of small little emoticons we called smileys!!!

Christmas always like to talk about sexy rats, the wonderful EoFF staffs,help on making a magnificent forum and lastly about manly man paying for worthless child.

Those are just some of it you juicy sexy goddessess of EoFF. Stay till for more and Christmas loves you all!!!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

My old LJ is pretty bad but on the other hand before LJ I was regularly keeping a physical diary since I was 7 or 8 years old and some of that crap was pretty bad too.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I rarely post overly personal information to social media. I use it mostly to discuss or link to stuff that interests me. My old LJ was mostly internet stuff/humor, politics, religion/atheism, and fantasy football. Obviously a lot has changed.

There's certainly some cringe-worthy stuff, too, but not related to personal details. For instance, I remember when I was 12 at least once using the phrase "r0x0rz" in a non-ironic fashion.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I deleted a lot of old angsty crap from my lj and my entire second lj account that was just horsetrout.

The worst that's floating around now are old posts on here and any old AIM logs that Jason Lynch has that he consistently reminds me about.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Going back through my LJ a few months ago, I surprisingly didn't hate myself. I still set everything to private though. My Facebook is also set to private, and I don't post much on other people's things because not enough people set theirs to private.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    I'm 30. I've been an 'adult' since I've had social media.

Yet that doesn't stop me posting necrophilia jokes on FB.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Every year I go through and delete all of my embarrassing LJ entries which is usually all of them.

Blog Entries

People still use LJ?
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!