Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    I just got her backstory. I guess it was okay but nothing too special or heartrending.
    This Emperor dude is kind of a dick. I suppose no one mourned him when Kefka kicked him off whatever he kicked him off of.
    The Emperor was a little too ambitious and ruthless for me. It was really hard for me to tell where he was coming from. It seemed like he wanted to rule the world for no reason when the Floating Continent. Also, I thought he was a dog. Literally. Like, an anthropomorphic wolf man like Lone Wolf. I thought he was the last of his kind or something!
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    He's actually a pretty mean guy, Slots is pretty nice about making sure you mainly get good skills so it's not like the Lady Luck class or Cait Sith Limit Break in terms of low odds. There is also a way to actually bork the slots so you always get the result you want, but it requires a bit of practice and skill to pull off efficiently.

Very late in the game (like Final Dungeon), Setzer gets one of the games more broken weapons, the Fixed Dice.
    Is it true you can get a Game Over if you do the Slots wrong?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, there is one slot combination that kills your whole party but it's actually very rare; though I do remember another member of this forum accidentally discovering this the hard way on their first play through, though I've never personally seen either version of the Joker's Doom slot.

If you are worried about it, later in the game, Setzer gains a relic that transforms the Slot skill into Gil Toss and about that time in the game, money really doesn't mean much to you anymore so it's not a bad trade off.

It can't be all things to all people. I haven't had time to play the modified versions of the game though except the first one. In the SNES anyone can equip the merit award I believe. I hated not giving Gau heavy armor.
    http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Terra..................Fight
    LV99...................Morph
    HP9999................All Magic
    MP999.................Item

Vigor 45................R-Hand: Illumina
    Speed 90..............L-Hand: Genji Shield
    Stamina 40...........Helmet: Oath Veil
    Magic Pwr 110......Armor: Minerva
    Bat Pwr 255
    Defense 216.........Relic: Ribbon
    Evade 75