Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Smash Oohh so that's what those headphones are for

So I just went like a year not listening to any music at all, save for in my car or the occasional trip to YouTube. I think a lot of it had to do with how I usually have a game either going on or alt+tabbed and I just listen to the in-game music. I didn't even know where my music folder had gone since the last time I reformatted.

Then a few days ago I thought "Hey I've got a folder full of great music somewhere, let's pull it out again," so I dug it out of some external hard drive and started listening again. Hooray! My headphones are for more than just Skype and videogames!

(SPOILER)Mostly I'm listening to Gangham Style on loop

Do you listen to music ALL THE TIME or are you terrible like me and only listen to it sometimes?

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I listen to music sometimes. I used to have music on all the time, but then I realized how annoying that really could be and prefer the sound of silence over music which can get pretty troutty at times.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I'm definitely a sometimes person. I'll go for long stretches of time when I don't listen to any music outside of the car. That isn't because I don't like to listen to music, but that I often just don't think to start playing it on my computer when I'm doing other things.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't have a hookup for my iPod in my new car, so I just listen to the radio.

I mostly listen to music when I run, or I listen to music when I clean and sing at the top of my lungs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I won't specifically listen to music if I'm playing a game or watching a video/TV/movie/webcast or something, but other than that, it's pretty much all of the time. Particularly if I'm working on something that I need to focus on oddly enough. I'm a bit ADD and find that music gives me enough of something in the background to keep my mind focused without being too distracting. Plus I am a musician so listening to a lot of music just comes with the territory.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I almost always have my pandora on. Grooveshark is great for having a self made playlist streaming so my crappy amount of memory on my computer doesn't get all used up. If you ever want a non-lyrical song for whatever mood you're in, I'm your girl.

Blog Entries

I have a ridiculously huge playlist and have at least Winamp and/or VLC on in the background all the time. If I'm home and I'm not playing a game or watching a movie or something, there's always music on.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    I won't specifically listen to music if I'm playing a game or watching a video/TV/movie/webcast or something, but other than that, it's pretty much all of the time. Particularly if I'm working on something that I need to focus on oddly enough. I'm a bit ADD and find that music gives me enough of something in the background to keep my mind focused without being too distracting. Plus I am a musician so listening to a lot of music just comes with the territory.
    This, except that I haven't played an instrument in awhile, and also that I will sometimes even listen to music while playing games if the game doesn't have its own musical soundtrack. And also if it's just something like The Daily Show where there isn't much music to the show in the first place.

I'm approaching 200,000 scrobbles on my last.fm account for whatever that's worth.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I usually listen to last.fm while I'm at work, but I've been a busy bee lately and just haven't thought to open it very often. Working, driving and exercise are usually when I listen. If I'm at home on the computer, I'm usually watching a show instead of listening to music.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Music, always. Always music.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If I'm on the laptop I'll have music on in the background, definitely. If I'm just doing things round the house I'll usually have the radio on - but most of the chart music is unbearable at the moment.

Except the Womping song. I love the Womping song.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    I don't have a hookup for my iPod in my new car, so I just listen to the radio.
    I use CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    I'm definitely a sometimes person. I'll go for long stretches of time when I don't listen to any music outside of the car. That isn't because I don't like to listen to music, but that I often just don't think to start playing it on my computer when I'm doing other things.
    Yep, this sounds like me most of the time.

I listen rarely. Sometimes I go to youtube. Mostly, the music I listen to is on the radio or on CD. Just yesterday, I listened to a full album of Green Day and also My Chemical Romance Black Parade both on YouTube.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I listen to music like 95% of the time. Then again for the past 5 years almost I worked in a music store, it's kinda expected. I get really grumpy if I wake up and go out without having listened to music or without my iPod on me to do so on the way to where-ever. It's very rare I'll be doing nothing without music on at least. At work I can't listen to music because y'know my job is now going to be answering the phone all day but it's pleasant coming out of the office and plugging my earphones in once I've said goodbye to my colleagues.

Articles
    Blog Entries

All the time. Aaaallll the time. You don't get better at playing/writing music or inspired by music unless you're constantly listening to it and learning from it, so I'm always listening to some form of music from my iTunes. I never listen to the radio or anything like that, unless I'm at work and we're doing something that my headphones need to be out f my ears for, and some other tradie brought a radio to work... those days make me sad.