I was inspired by Pike's thread of how often we listen to music because it reminded me of how I used to do something people often consider pretty odd which was:

I used to sleep all night with the radio on.

I'd have Xfm or 95.8 CapitalFM on like 24/7 growing up. I would literally go to sleep and wake up to music. It was pleasing for me I'd have an alarm what bleeped and beeped at me but my music would often have me awake long before then which meant as a kid I was never late for school. Considering my recent insomnia trouble and lateness issues I had in my previous job I might give it another go just put something on my laptop quietly and turn the screen off on it overnight, see if it helps me of course it might not so maybe I'll try it Saturday when I've not got work.

Currently I've taken to often sleeping with one of my lamps on. Not because I'm like scared of the dark or anything but because I often sleep with my laptop/book/phone on the bed with me and having a light on means when I wake up in the middle of the night it's not pitch black and I can immediately look to my laptop screen or phone for the time check that comes before either getting up or trying to go back to sleep. It's quite nice and I do find it comforting too to a degree. There's these reasons but mostly I suppose because some nights I feel too smurfing lazy to just get my arse out of bed to go 10ft to turn it the hell off. That's way too far.

So what weird habits do you have or had that help/helped you sleep better in life?