Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airports

Articles
    Blog Entries

Y_Y

Can't they just care about stupid things like microscopic nits and pieces of fruit, like our security!?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I haven't flown in a couple of years, but I love airports. I'm going to go full-sappy here, but: They're full of tearful goodbyes, joyful reunions, fresh starts, and the excitement of adventure. I've never been unhappy while in an airport. Unless you count that time BJ and I spent two months apart while I visited my friend and he went on tour. I was excited, but who wants to be apart from their husband for two months?

The longest flight I've been on was twelve hours from Los Angeles to Tokyo.

I've only flown twice in my whole life - from Heathrow to Toronto and back again. I'm actually really scared of flying...watching Aircrash Investigation doesn't help.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I flew to New York and back in April of this year. Not the same day, I obviously stayed for a while.

I'm not a very good flier. My imagination works overtime... "Is that twelve-year-old white girl a terrorist? Of course she is! It's the perfect disguise! In fact... I think that doll she's holding is ticking."

I put up with flying though because I want to see as much of the world as I can before my times up... before little Bridget destroys our plane with a controlled explosion. God damn you, Mattel.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

When I was younger I'd fly every year, but now I'm terrified of flying. I don't know why this suddenly happened -- maybe too much watching the news and planes going down.

The only reason I'd probably get back on plane is to go out of the country. I'd really love to go to Europe and visit places like Greece. Planes aren't even my least favorite part. Airports are especially Newark Airport, LaGuardia Airport, and the massive airport that is Atlanta Airport.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    I flew frequently growing up, as some of my relatives lived across the country. My longest flight was from Philadelphia, PA to France when I was 15 or so. I think it was 7 hours?
    You've been to France?

Your family has been dishonoured.

I been on one two-hour flight from Canada to LA. It was treacherous...ly boring.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Two hours from Canada to LA? What the hell kind of military speedster jet were you on?

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've flown a couple of times and I'm always so sadly impressed by everyone around me who just does not care what an amazing thing they've accomplished just by sitting in this craft. These people are MILES UP IN THE AIR and they just do not give a trout.

I love to fly. I don't care if it smells or the seats or small or the plane is noisy, it is amazing and beautiful and if you don't think so then you have no heart.

Of course I did have a really good experience with my first flight being over a cloudbank with the full moon shining down on them and making this incredible grey landscape below like I was floating above a different planet. Everyone around me was smurfing asleep because they're morons.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Two hours from Canada to LA? What the hell kind of military speedster jet were you on?
    Well, I was in Duncan and actually, I think I landed in Sacramento. All I remember was landing in a big city. I fell asleep in what I imagine was a long car-ride home.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Flying sucks.

Blog Entries

Last time i was on a plane was when i was 15

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    I've flown a couple of times and I'm always so sadly impressed by everyone around me who just does not care what an amazing thing they've accomplished just by sitting in this craft. These people are MILES UP IN THE AIR and they just do not give a trout.

I love to fly. I don't care if it smells or the seats or small or the plane is noisy, it is amazing and beautiful and if you don't think so then you have no heart.
    I agree one million percent, foa. <3

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I had a random thought about airports today but I suddenly forget. I hate security checkpoints though.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.