Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who is stronger, Cloud or Zack?

Well then if the entire compilation is to be taken into account as well, didn't Cloud take out Sephiroth like three times (once with a sword through his shoulder, once while Sephiroth was a giant tentacle angel - granted with Tifa and Barret also punching him in the cock periodically - and once with huge buildings falling on him) compared to Zack critically wounding the guy once and then letting down his guard?

The whole point of Cloud's arc - if I'm supposed to consider all of that extra stuff - is apparently that he takes on Zack's mantle and surpasses him, almost like Luke Skywalker surpasses his father's resolve to deliver the galaxy from evil; Solid Snake surpasses Big Boss' desire to carry out The Boss' desire rid the world of its hidden controllers; and so on. If Cloud failed in that then there would ultimately be no point to the story. (And if you think he failed then it validates everything I say about the compilation being pointless cash-ins )

Basically on my final count:

Beginning of overall story: Zack > Cloud - Cloud's arc hasn't come into yet and Zack is a Jenovically modified beast.
    Conclusion of overall story: Zack < Cloud - Cloud's arc is complete, he's defeated Sephiroth three times among other things.
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 09-17-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maybee

Sephiroth wasn't defeated really though and he should and most likely would of killed Cloud or a normal person. As mentioned before Cloud grabbed Sephiroth by his sword and tossed him to the lifestream below like he was just a weak toy.

A normal person would of died via Sephiroth's stabbing. Whether Sephiroth was weak then or not. But Cloud managed to do the impossible and heroically grab Sephiroth' sword and probably defeat him then.

It's why Cloud is such a beloved and iconic character and why he's stronger than Zack. Because he managed to overcome the impossible.

And Cloud was there during the Dragon fight event. The Lifestream event with Tifa shows that Zack was yes indeed a hyperactive Sephiroth fanboy that Sephiroth saw as a kid or rather acted like a child. Cloud was being car-sick while Sephiroth and Zack went outside to face the dragon so Cloud would of witnessed the event. Zack was weak in compassion to Sephiroth, in true Final Fantasy VII official events.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    99% of that was bulltrout. And I'm not going to explain why.
    Sorry I'll fix it for you.

Sephiroth wasn't defeated really though and he should and most likely would of killed Cloud or a normal person. As mentioned before Cloud IS A WEAK PUSSY AND ZACK IS AWESOME

A normal person would of died via Sephiroth's stabbing. Whether Sephiroth was weak then or not. But Cloud IS A WEAK PUSSY AND ZACK IS AWESOME .

It's why ZACK is such a beloved and iconic character and why he's stronger than PUSSY CLOUD . Because he managed to overcome the impossible.

And Cloud was there BEING UNCOOL UNLIKE ZACK during the Dragon fight event. The Lifestream event with Tifa shows that Zack IS THE BEST FF HERO EVER MADE Cloud was being A WEAK PUSSY and Zack went outside to face the dragon WITH HIS AWESOME- SAUCE MOVES so Cloud would of witnessed the event. Zack IS EPIC in compassion to Sephiroth, in true Final Fantasy VII official events

Happy now :rolleyes:

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

You were doing so well until you said "would of" and then I lost all respect for your argument

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Also could people please start crediting the correct people in their quotes?

Indeed, how difficult is it really to hit the quote button?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    You were doing so well until you said "would of" and then I lost all respect for your argument
    EPIC!

Let's go ahead and discount the fact that Cloud's friends lend a hand in all his battles (Zack meets a lot of people and their emotional impact on him grants him his strength and powers as shown by the DMW), the fact that Cloud "defeated" Sephiroth in human form and then destroyed his Bizarre and Safer forms is still equalled by Zack's multiple battles with Genesis who, despite being a whiny bitch, is still a powerful badass. Even if we consider Cloud's solo battles versus Bahamut Sin (realistically, if you're paying attention, you notice the other party members are doing trout), and Kadaj-Sephiroth... Cloud is still the country bumpkin who upon approach to the final battle in the game said, "Let's mosey."
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    Zack knows how to shoot meteors out of his sword. Cloud does not.
    Cloud has that for one of his limit breaks.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

In fact I believe it is called Meteorain. As in, meteor rain.

Let's Mosey has to be one of the best quotes to say in a dramatic situation. It comically underpins the fact that he nonchalantly waltzes into battle with either a) complete certainty of victory; or b) complete and utter ignorance of the challenges about to be faced.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Sounded more to me like he was showing his first signs of solemn resignation to a fate he can't no longer control. IMO it underpins what's to become of him in future compilation titles where he's a mopey douche.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I find this thread highly entertaining .

I'll say Cloud, primarily because like many others, I tend to ignore the extended Universe
    (despite actually liking Crisis Core as a whole, I can't say I was a fan of any plot thread pertaining to Project Gillian).
    Last edited by Edge7; 09-28-2012 at 04:40 PM.
    Returners Represent!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

cloud is probably stronger but zack is way cooler

When Prof. Hojo use Jack and Cloud for the Jenova experimentation, did that have anything to do with indicating who was stronger from the reaction of their bodies to the injected cells?

...falling in love, is an act of magic.

backed by his team and all his materia, cloud, by himself without help, zack, we never see him "early" but we do see how low cloud was.
    A successful marriage isn't finding the right person; it's being the right person. ?
    "The mighty oak tree was once a little nut that held its ground., ?
    "If the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, you can bet the water bill is higher.", ?
    "Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.", William Penn
    "If you see a bomb technician running, try to keep up with him.", ?
    "If the enemy is in range, so are you.", ?
    "The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." Michelangelo
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.", ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    In fact I believe it is called Meteorain. As in, meteor rain.
    These days it wouldn't be Meterorain...it would be Emorain...

Poor Cloud Squarenix has completely destroyed your character...

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I don't really consider anything outside of the original game to be canon. Weiss, Angeal and Genesis are never mentioned once during the main game. They aren't even hinted at. That being said, I think the number of Shinra that killed Zack in the flashback was more about graphic limitations than anything else. In the end I think Cloud overcame Zack and Sephiroth.

I'll never get the Zack love. Cloud in VII was the most fascinating and unique main character in the entire series.

Zack was just Zidane or Tidus or any number of other happy go-lucky heroes.