Thread: Genomes

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Boco Genomes

Okay, so according to the Ultimania, Garland was pumping out Genomes about 3000 years before the games start, and outside of being vessels for the souls of Terrans, there is very little else we know about them. Now my question is this? What is the liefspans of the Genomes? I mean it seems impractical to create mortal bodies over 3000 years while you're preparing for them to finally be able to obtain souls, and Kuja's mortality seemed like something "built" into him based on what Garland says, so are Genomes Immortal or near immortal like Garland? And if so, does that mean Zidane is also immortal or does the fact he was created as a child and allowed to age mean he is also mortal?

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I think Garland made his harbingers of death mortal so that were they to go awry they would only be a "temporary" nuisance.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Maybe he was testing them, to see if there were any mistakes to correct and upgrade them, just like when Microsoft releases a new OS full of bugs for users to test. Or you're just overthinking it.

Well Zidane was his prized Genome from memory and the one that he believed would destory the world and cause all the chaos that Kuja ended up doing and he was Kuja's upgrade and Kuja lasted about 25 years. If Zidane and Kuja were super powerful and special Genome's and Kuja lasted about 25 years then I'm guessing that the original Genome's lasted to about 10- 5 years; which isn't long at all.

The Black Mages lasted to anything to 1 day to Vivi's 6 or 8 years and they were made under Kuja's creation and they were more powerful than the normal, usual Genome that Garland created. So to be honest... it's anybody's guess; but I assume it's anything to about 1- 5 years.

Goodness knows how long Zidane is going to last for. If he was Kuja's upgrade I'm guessing he'll either live until live until he's 35 live or be a odd superhuman and outlive Garnet, Stiener, Eiko and everybody and live until he's 300 or 400 years old.

Though since Zidane managed to save the race from Terra they'll hopefully breed and gain a longer lifespan or just die out completely, same with the Black Mages.

The Genomes were probably just meant to be a genuine mystery to the player: the only two characters truly capable of telling us what's what (Garland and Kuja) eventually die and Mikoto isn't very forthcoming after the evacuation.

Blog Entries

They were all created thousands of years ago except for Zidane and Kuja, yet Zidane is the only one that shows signs of aging. Maybe he was a messed up genome? Or... maybe they're only immortal/ageless while still on Terra?
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Quote Originally Posted by Tigmafuzz View Post
    They were all created thousands of years ago except for Zidane and Kuja, yet Zidane is the only one that shows signs of aging. Maybe he was a messed up genome? Or... maybe they're only immortal/ageless while still on Terra?
    Maybe Terra ages them while on their own home planet they couldn't age at all.
    Maybe that's why Kuja was a little surpised when Garland told him that he was about to die soon and panicked more than a normal person would.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Tigmafuzz View Post
    Zidane ages because it was to overcome the problems with Kuja, part of Kuja's issues was that he was created as is and thus didn't have any real life long experieinces to draw from that prevented him from using Trance. His ego/soul was basically without much depth though very strong, which lead to him becoming uncontrollable.