Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And so the regional servers strike.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default And so the regional servers strike.

It looks like Fat Chocobos linkshell will be ripped up a fair bit as regional servers are hitting town. North Americans and Europeans and Japanese will all have worlds/servers which are closer to them, and opting for these worlds will mean less lag - but also it will mean being swept away from the rest of the world who choose servers at their respective locations. The community is pretty upset about this and I don't blame them - I can now expect that when I take a day off I will no longer have the pleasure (and I genuinly mean that word) of partying up with people from other countries around the world. With Fat Chocobos including regular chatters from American, Hawaii, Canada and Brazil amongst it's team, I anticipate this will change soon and be moved to a European server (we are predominantly European at present).

I can't say how gutted I am about this. I've spent a lot of time building up a little family amongst our linkshell and have always tried to ensure we have people from various timezones capable of having good conversation with one another. This looks like the end of it.

Sad day.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You mean I just joined, and now I can't play with you anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

You can, but you'd have to opt for the EU server most of us will inevitably go with, and that means that it will probably be quieter during the NA hours. I know that Lumos and Vaughn are likely to go to an NA server, although Vaughn has hinted he may stick with the EU one because he's on during those hours more often than not.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    You can, but you'd have to opt for the EU server most of us will inevitably go with, and that means that it will probably be quieter during the NA hours. I know that Lumos and Vaughn are likely to go to an NA server, although Vaughn has hinted he may stick with the EU one because he's on during those hours more often than not.
    I might just stick with the EU server, as I don't have a ton of time to play, regardless.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Well hopefully once 2.0 hits, there will be enough NA players to warrant an EoFF linkshell on an NA server. Are there any currently active NA players (besides Boobies)?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Well hopefully once 2.0 hits, there will be enough NA players to warrant an EoFF linkshell on an NA server. Are there any currently active NA players (besides Boobies)?
    Raistlin keeps talking like he's gonna join up.

EDIT: I seriously thought Loony BoB posted this.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Lumos and Vaughn are regulars in our LS but have recently stated they may stick with the EU server so they can stay with the bulk of our LS (see, I just can't stress how lovely the people in our LS are!). There is Chrys and Venant but they are in Hawaii and I anticipate they will go to the NA server. Not sure, though, I'll possibly catch up with them this weekend. Then there are a lot of Americans and Canadians from EoFF that aren't hugely active or active at all, including Bleys, Marick and GB. Not sure where Devore lives, but I think that's America, too. Monty, False and Mini all are US based, but don't chat too often in our LS lately. I expect Monty and Mini to return at some point after 2.0, but they will probably go for their own server (Mini might stick with us so he can hang out with Kukki, though, as I think they are close). Raini is from Iowa, not sure which way she'll end up going because she's a friendly person in our LS when she's online.

I expect that most of the LS will stick together on an EU server and the rest will group up on an NA server somewhere if they are from EoFF, or else they will just go to wherever their friends in the game go on NA servers and that'll be that. But at least I can create characters on multiple servers and there will be cross-world gaming, but yeah. Should be interesting to see how that works out...

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I'm pleased with this. I just hope there will be US east servers, as these are pretty all right for EU players latency-wise. I plan on playing on an US server, because most people I know are from there. I will be making a character on an EU server as well, however.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think this is a dumb idea. I would prefer to play with people from all over the world. It makes sense to have international severs since it means there will always be some group online. In FFXI I really liked the late night hours when the JPs started coming on since they had a different play style and it mixed things up a bit.

I was really looking forward to joining up with the Fat Chocobos when I ended up getting this game but I don't want to go to a server with nobody on it during my peak playing time.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What balls.

Why not give people the opportunity to choose international servers along with the regional servers?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I know there is a petition for servers labelled as 'International' despite them still probably sitting on a server in another region. There is the hope that this will happen, and if so, fantastic, I'll do whatever I can to get everyone in our LS there! If not, I think we'll end up with most EoFFers on a US server (I would suggest whichever one Ouch! and Rostum use) while Smitten and I at the very least will remain on an EU server (about 60-70% of active Fat Chocobos are European, and the prominent Americans in our LS are wanting to stay with us because we're all so damned loveable).

There will still be the option to play with each other despite being on different servers through this new content finder thing they are implementing, although I have no idea how good it will be.

Aww man... Loony hi, i've been trying to find you over internet and finally made it, though this what i just rode was... horrible. I'm coming back to XIV as soon as possible but having quite "hard times" right now so its not yet possible. so i'll catch up with you later then

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Good to see you on EoFF, dude, and I hope to see you in the game again before too long. Hope things start picking up for you in the real world, too.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

So basically screw FFXIV, even if I get bored of XI in less than 3 years unlike the first time around.

Seriously, regional servers? Even with the chance to play with people I know, FFXIV isn't good enough to hold my attention.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

If it's not good enough to hold your attention (although I will point out you haven't played in bloody ages last I checked), why should it matter if the servers are regional at all?