Thread: Amazing tracks you forgot about.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Amazing tracks you forgot about.

With games filled with such unforgettable music, it's amazing when you replay a game and discover a track that you actually forgot about. The song could be incredible, but you just never heard it enough to make sure it's on your iPod.

Personally, for me such tracks are Final Fantasy VII's Ending theme and Staff role. They're an incredible sendoff for this 60 hour game, but I don't hear these songs too often because... well, they're the sendoff for a 60 hour game. Which is ironic, because I've almost memorized the ending theme for Wild Arms, Ocarina of Time (I know they're not 60 hours, shut up, they're longish games).

Life Returns from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance is another song I forgot about until recently, which is weird, because it stands out so well in comparison to the rest of the soundtrack.

Enclosure from Metal Gear Solid. I completely forgot about this song until I played Peace Walker, and it sounded like the AI bosses you fight sing at least part of this theme.

There's more to this list, I'mma just have to take another look at the OST's I have.
    Returners Represent!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The Via Purifico - Path of Repentance piece from FFX

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Lockharted View Post
    The Via Purifico - Path of Repentance piece from FFX
    Yes yes yes <333

Freya's Theme, FFIX
    Memory of Lightwaves, FFX-2
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

...FF VII took you 60 hours?

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

my first time was 65 ish

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Big Hands View Post
    I pulled a long time out of my ass, I don't remember how quickly I beat it my first time. I also sucked at the game the first time I played it. Spent days grinding to beat Lost Number, and the other boss at the end of Mt. Nibel; now I can solo both of them with Tifa .
    Returners Represent!

I've had The Mission stuck in my head for too long now.
    ohno.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Big Hands View Post
    I pulled a long time out of my ass, I don't remember how quickly I beat it my first time. I also sucked at the game the first time I played it. Spent days grinding to beat Lost Number, and the other boss at the end of Mt. Nibel; now I can solo both of them with Tifa .
    I took it down in about 40 my first try, but I find that a good length for an RPG.

Not sure how long It would take me now. Perhaps I should fire VII up again, it has been ages.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not amazing, but I had the boss theme from R-Type stuck in my head all day yesterday. No idea where it came from.

New rule for this thread, all songs mentioned must be linked to.

Softly With Grace.

While Together, We Ride is the song I immediately jump to when I think of Fire Emblem, there's something about reaching one of the Four Fangs and hearing this that just rocks.

Whenever I start up Pokemon XD (which is still the best Pokemon game ever, in my opinion), I get so far, and then I run into a Cipher Peon. And my gosh, does their theme music rock. The costumes may be stupid, but that battle music would have me signing up for the team. I can just fight them all day long.

Also Pokemon related, who plays the R/B/Y/FR/LG and forgets all about Lavender Town until they hear this?

For FFIX, it's the Black Mage Village for me. Always forget it until I run into the village. Corresponds with me never wanting to leave because it is so awesome. Go adventuring? To heck with that, I'm gonna hang out with the Black Mages.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.