Thread: Persona 4 Arena

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Persona 4 Arena

So my sister got me this a week or two ago and I still haven't found the time to start it up. Part of what's been holding me back is that I'm currently finishing Persona 3, and my wife is getting me Persona 4 for Christmas so I'd like to know how much I risk spoiling for myself if I play the story mode. I already know a bit about how persona 3 ends, but I've stayed fairly spoiler free with Persona 4.

I'm probably going to take the time to play a few rounds online tonight though, maybe try a practice mode as well if there is one. I know I some chatter in the Persona 5 thread before I abandoned ship for fear of spoilers, but who's playing this and why are you not on my PSN friends list if you are?

Don't play P4 Arena yet. While you could easily play P4 without playing P3 and not miss a ton, P4 Arena is based completely on P4. It'll spoil the plot and a number of the side stories. Not to mention you won't know the characters and their foibles, or what they went through.

Wait until you get P4. P4 Arena is great, but you'll want to play them in order.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Will I be unable to simply play online in the meantime without spoiling things? I love fighting games and I'd love to actually play it sooner rather than later. Am I not at least somewhat safe sticking to multiplayer only?

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Will I be unable to simply play online in the meantime without spoiling things? I love fighting games and I'd love to actually play it sooner rather than later. Am I not at least somewhat safe sticking to multiplayer only?
    Well that depends what you consider spoilerish. Are you going to flip out if you knew who's got what Persona/attacks/dialogue? If you want to remain 100% spoiler free avoid till P4: Golden's out (I assume that's the one your waiting for).

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post
    Well that depends what you consider spoilerish. Are you going to flip out if you knew who's got what Persona/attacks/dialogue? If you want to remain 100% spoiler free avoid till P4: Golden's out (I assume that's the one your waiting for).
    Assuming characters aren't just going to spoil the entire plot of P4 with some end of the match quip I can't see myself being bothered by knowing any of that in advance. I'm more concerned about major plot spoilers than anything else.

And actually, my wife got me a copy of P4 for the PS2. I don't have a Vita and likely won't get one for a few years, if at all, but I was tired of not having finished P3 or played P4 so I've been aiming to get those crossed off my list.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Online mode as well as challenge, practice and general versus modes are fine. Just avoid Arcade and Story mode for the time being cause they will confuse you and spoil a lot of things.

When I have some free time from classes, I'll happily play you a few rounds though

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ah, you can always count on WK to provide some Megaten/Persona info.

I'm glad there are so many modes for me to play actually from the sounds of it. I figured I'd be stuck with just practice and Online which could be both boring and unforgiving respectively. Looking at the manual, challenge mode seems quite useful. Hopefully I can get a couple of rounds in tonight before going to the movies. I was going to try last night, but I ended up just playing Persona 3 for an hour or two.