Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I Can't Pay My Bills

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Clo View Post
    What the hell people, I didn't ask for financial advice (though I guess... thank you?). I strictly wanted bitching for the purpose of making me FEEL BETTER, not to add to my to-do list.

This is an internet forum, I thought you guys would be fantastic at bitching about money. Think of it like a blues song. This place could write a self-help book, christalmighty.

Love you guys though.

Maybe.
    yeah guys

she didn't ask for advice

this isn't eoeo

you don't have to be dicks

smurf

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Can you pay her bills?
    Can you pay her telephone bills?
    Can you pay her automobile bills?
    So maybe then you and her can chillll.

Blog Entries

Oh trout, when I asked that question I suppose I didn't expect anyone to have any answers.

Carry on, then. Keep giving me advice.
    Last edited by Clo; 09-18-2012 at 10:19 PM.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i don't have any answers

but we'll always have tonight

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Gotta be careful what you say~~~

Money's always been tight so yeah I dunno how we do it

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This reminds me, all the kids in my school are crazy over bottle caps because there is a lucky draw promotion going on by a drink company. Think the prize is quite a sizable amount of cash. They will search the rubbish bins for bottle caps and will get so happy when given one bottle cap by me. Oh gosh, the temptation of money starts at such a young age.

PS: Guess they are tight too!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I misread the thread as "Can't play with my balls."

Heh.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Clo can always play with her balls! Always!

Blog Entries

There is always a simple solution to all money problems: Do not spend what you do not have!

I'm not a very organized person, but my account never hits empty. Why? because I'm cheap as hell. Being cheap, does have many benefits.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default How I keep my tit together.

Aside from the obvious "cut costs everywhere" ordeal, the easiest way for me to manage money is to always know how much I have, how much is due to come off for scheduled bills (eg. rent, power, gas, bus card, phone, internet, MMO subscriptions, credit card payments, whatever) and when I'm next getting paid. That way I know exactly what I'm playing with for the rest of the month and I can have a better idea over how much I can spend on any given day. I check this roughly every few days. If I'm unsure and I don't have access to my spreadsheet at home, I don't spend much if anything at all.

Basically I've made it a habit and a duty of mine to know exactly where my money goes and when.

Also, despite it costing extra for delivery, I get my groceries online when I can because you can see exactly what you are spending and can shop around a lot easier. I always spend more when I do big grocery shops at the store than I do when I shop online. It's so much easier to see what's coming out of your account.

If you buy food/drink/etc, don't overspend on things and then not use them (eg. things that expire or just things you don't end up using). A good way to do this is to think "breakfast, meals, snacks, drinks." Then when you look through your shopping basket, check over things that will expire fast and think over whether you expect to eat them anytime soon. Check to see if you have too many of one thing and too little of something else - people often spend a lot of money on expensive snacks and not much on less expensive meals, or vice versa. Finally, fruit. People moan and moan about how much it costs to eat healthy, but damn, have you seen the price of bananas? They're so damned cheap compared to even crisps and biscuits. It's great!

Drink more water. This will save you a very large amount as other drinks cost a lot of money compared to water, which is free. Diluting juice is your next best bet.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

BoB will make a good husband and dad.

Did you bargain and shout abuse when the cashier refuses to give you a discount or free gifts like those housewives?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm not the kind of guy who feels entitled to discounts for no reason. Instead, just look for good deals on foods you like and buy them when they come about (if you can afford it - and that's important!).

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Man, you are like the person I really like to meet up to see just how mindful you are with everything you do.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Eh, it's not that tricky. When you get paid, figure out how many scheduled bills you have for the month and what they are likely to be (most should be the same pretty much every month). Subtract that amount from what you have at the time you get paid and whatever is left is what you have to spend that month on groceries, nights out, savings, petrol, whatever it is that you do. The rest is just standard budgeting... eg. how much you spend on food, how much you spend on petrol, figure out what's most important, manage the cash, blah blah blah.

Blog Entries

Wow, I am not that organized.

Money is much more complicated than some of you make it sound. Except BoB, who is clearly an accountant.

I don't spend excessive money. I never buy clothes, accessories, whatever, anymore. I usually only buy food, and I buy cheap. I only drink water. The thing really draining me of funds are my loan payments for college, and stupid traffic tickets, and necessary evils like buying a bridesmaid dress and fixing my car.