Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dumb Things You Did When You Were A Little Kid

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Flambard D'Quinceteth View Post
    When I was 3, I put a fishing hook through my finger. I found it in the park, so naturally I jammed it in.
    This just reminded me of a time in french class in elementary school. We were given some buttons after some presentation or another in the morning. You know, the incredibly sharp, shouldn't be giving these to children campaign, style buttons. I decided the best use of this was to slowly dig a whole through a wooden pencil I had. At one point, while digging some of the wood away, my hand slipped and I drove it straight through the left side of my right index finger and out the other. Blood was dripping out of my finger as I slowly raised my other hand to see if the teacher had any band-aids.

Oddly enough it wasn't the last time I would bleed profusely in a french class.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

When I was 3, I put a fishing hook through my finger. I found it in the park, so naturally I jammed it in.
    The image of that is really horrible!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You're telling me!

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was about 4/5 when my brother was changing a light bulb that had just blown. Normally he'd wait and leave it to cool down but it was the main ceiling light in our lounge so it was kinda necessary to change it on a winter night. He took it out and told us not to pick it up as it'd be hot when he put it on the coffee table next to him (note he was using a cloth to prevent himself burning his hand it was so hot). Me being me, I got up and immediately picked up the bulb by the bayonet cap metal component which was even hotter than the glass! All 10 of my fingertips were burnt pretty severely, I screamed and dropped it and my sister being the cocky elder sister decided it clearly wasn't hot and I was crying like a baby over nothing picked it up by the glass bulb part straight after I'd dropped it. My nan thankfully who was a trained combat nurse in WW2 lived across the road at the time and she came over and immediately dressed our hands and treated us as best as possible for burns. I can't remember what degree the burns were too but I know they scarred. I have small bumps on the end of my fingertips that are raised up, which are actually the scars I have from that incident. Ever since this incident I learnt to be very careful with hot stuff and burning myself.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I stuck a penny up my nose before and my dad had to get it out with tweezers.

I got cracked in the head with a bat because I wasn't paying attention to where I was going when my cousins were playing homerun derby.

I shoved my brother over a fence because he was taking to long to climb it. He fell and cut his face open.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

OH MAN.

I have a scar on my face from when my cousin and I decided to play power rangers. smurfer cut me with a knife.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I broke my parents waterbed in an upstairs room and didn't tell them about. I was busted a day later when water started to leak from the ceiling. That was still the angriest I have seen my father to this day.

I joined a Final Fantasy forum. :laughing:
    yeah apart from this nothing really dumb. and i did this when i was 12 (kid? debate)

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I had a bike when I was younger, of course. At some point I flipped it over a bush and slammed into a creosote coated telephone pole. I wound up with massive, creosote splinters buried in my back and arms.

Then I saw people racing bikes on TV, and noticed how they would lean the bike in corners. So naturally I leaned my bike way over, and it worked great. Until I hit gravel. I wound up with a rock trapped between my braces and my teeth.

In 5th grade I recieved a go-cart.

Evil Kenevil style stunt antics ensued. I did some massive jump I had no business trying, and I actually landed it. The issue was that on impact, my face slammed into my hands that were on the steering wheel. My teeth cut my hand down to the bone and it bled forever.

I also got a leather bull whip for Christmas one year, and spent all day everyday for months trying to swing from tree limbs like Indiana Jones. The whip broke, and I fell and cracked the back of my head open on a rock.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    Then I saw people racing bikes on TV, and noticed how they would lean the bike in corners. So naturally I leaned my bike way over, and it worked great. Until I hit gravel. I wound up with a rock trapped between my braces and my teeth.
    I probably laughed a little harder than I should have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think Joe wins the thread.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I love that Joe ended up become a race car driver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

We made some pretty neat bike jumps out of random materials a la all those tv shows you see. We also used to ride really fast down a gravel hill (also a not gravel hill which resulted in one very memorable crash). And there was this one jump created nearby in the national park by some dirt bikers that I had an unfortunate stack on this one time. Kids and their bikes.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ummm, Proto, I really don't want to know why you stuck a marble up your butt. Strange...

I can't remember every dumb thing I did when I was a little tot, but I do remember licking play dough. It tasted salty.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just remembered that one time I put a tiny little kid-sized chair on top of the tall dresser next to my sister and I's bunkbed. She didn't like me being up that high and yanked on the leg of the chair, so I fell off and cracked my head open.

Probably shouldn't have sat on top of a smurfing dresser in a chair.