Thread: Favourite Party

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Favourite Party

When setting up your party, do you consider each members skills? or do you pick them on whether you like the character?

My party on my last playthrough was primarily Squall, Quistis and Irvine, until Ultimecia's castle when I swapped Irvine for Rinoa for her limit break.

Selphie and Zell are my most unused characters, even though both of them can be a great help in the battles.

I usually pick my party depending on whether I like the character or not, because of the junction system they can all have pretty equal stats.

Quistis is always my healer and triple-er. Keeping everyone alive with curagas, keeping Aura cast on them, and then her limit breaks come in quite handy.

Irvine is my mage, and his limit break is also really good if you have decent ammo.

Squall is my powerhouse, I just get him Aura'd up and use Renzokuken...

Who is in your party?

Hmm, I normally use who I like. When I played the game last, my main party was Squall, Rinoa and Selphie mostly, although I sometimes switched Selphie for Irvine or Zell. I don't really like Quistis that much, so I didn't use her much. As for who does what, I usually have Squall as my damage dealer and the other two healing, supporting or doing extra damage, depending on the situation.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Squall would be my first choice as I friggin' love the gunblade. I'm insanely jealous of Jiro who has a replica one. Can you I have it, Dak? Please?

I'd also have Quistis in my party whenever she's available. The rest are interchangeable. I'd probably use Selphie the least as I didn't really like her character. I really don't mind Zell even though it seems everyone else would rather eat their own hands than be forced to use him.

I generally pick them based on whether I like them more than their ability. Though while Squall isn't my favourite main character, his gunblade is just too awesome to ignore.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Squall - To Damage and Kill

Rinoa - To heal and Revive

Zell - To be kill by Squall everytime a battles starts and only to be revived by Rinoa again to continue the cycle.

I have an urge to kill Tattooed guys that like hotdogs.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbaforever View Post
    Can you I have it, Dak? Please?
    No, it's mine. I AM SQUALL. I AM LEON. WAH HA HA.

I always use Quistis, Zell and of course Squall because he's just ferocious in battle.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Since you can't de-select Squall outside of a few key moments of the game (lunar when Zell leads the party, Selphie's missile base team etc) I think he's kind of a given. I like to team him up with Irvine (limit break, give him an Exeter and let loose with pulse ammo in boss battles) the 3rd slot in the party is quite interchangeable as many have said though Selphie is a common choice because of her limit-break so long as you have ATB set to wait you can pretty much scroll through until something awesome (The End for example) comes up.

Personally my favourite party though is; Laguna, Kiros and Ward! God damn they kick ass.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

My favorite parties are the ones that the story tells me to use. Like, I really like the end of Disc 1 in Deling City as the story splits up the team and lets you use different characters in different situations.

I like the part where Rinoa tries to confront Edea by herself and you play as her briefly to get her up into the Sorceress's Chamber.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Blog Entries

I hate Rinoa. I think she's the worst character Square's ever created, so I never use her, despite the fact that she can be quite lethal.

I almost always use Squall, Zell and Selphie. Quistis on ocassion, but rarely, if ever, Irwine.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My party has always traditionally been Squall, Rinoa and Irvine cause I feel it gives me the best options of extreme damage and broken support skills.

Quistis' Limit Break is weak, same with Selphie if you are not exploiting her four overpowered specialty skills. I do really like Zell and I will occasionally use him as well but I don't particularly care for the set-up of his limit breaks.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My party consists of Squall, Rinoa and Irvine as often as I can keep them together. I also find Quistis' limit breaks to be weak. I'm okay at Zell's fighter limit but I don't prefer him. Selphie's magic is good but I usually pump Rinoa up as my healer.

Squall because well... we can't take him out of the party so we're stuck with him.

Irvine because I love his limit breaks; he looks so badass shooting his gun.

Selphie again because I love her limit breaks and she's very cute and I love it during the Missile Base when the Guard tells her to go away and she gives the guard the finger and tells him to basically get fuc*ed. Rofl.

If Squall could be taken out of the party I would replace him with either Zell or Rinoa. I like Zell's fighting skills that have that Tifa style of fighting and Rinoa is pretty powerful despite her damsel in distress status outside of battles.

Irvine and Quistis were who I used on my latest playthrough. Irvine because I was unfamiliar with him and Quistis because I felt bad for her :<
    ohno.

Squall, Quistis and Rinoa. Quistis has things like Mighty Guard and White Wind which are both very useful, and once you've tried Rinoa's Angel Wing Meteor trick just once you'll never want her to do anything else.

Formerly Important Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

I used Selphie and Zell mainly since they were my best damage (other than Squall), and will switch one of them with Rinoa depending on how much healing I need. I'm not fond of Blue Magic, so I hardly used Quistis or her Limit Break. I also didn't like her character very much, so that's a more solid nah from me.

I loved when I played as Laguna, Kiros, and Ward, though. I love "Man with the Machine Gun" and Laguna's dramatic Limit Break.

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I don't think I had a favourite team, per se - just a team I used. Squall, Rinoa and Zell, maybe. I was no good at FF8 anyway when I played it - I barely understood what I was doing in regards to junctioning and weapon upgrading, so my team members weren't great either way.