Thread: Finally.... The End (Lost)

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Finally.... The End (Lost)

So this summer I have watched the whole run of 'Lost' on Netflix.

I only ever saw the first season when it originally aired, so it was jammed full of surprises for me. What a great show.

I have the 2-hour finale to watch tonight. I really hope it isn't a let down, I've thoroughly enjoyed the show so far, bar a few bits which were really terrible....

I will probably cry a lot. I tend to cry at TV shows. I cried a lot today watching Lost....

Anyone else a fan of Lost on here?
    Last edited by Shorty; 09-18-2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: double double trouble trouble

I just started rewatching Lost so I can finally finish it. I've heard the ending was pretty bad but I'm into torturing myself.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

WHAT EVEN WAS THAT ENDING?

WHAT?

WHAT?

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I still quite like the Lost ending, though I acknowledge it was flawed, much like the show itself.

And just to turn this around a bit before everyone starts ranting about Lost again, considering how controversial many final episodes have been in terms of dividing opinion (or just being universally disliked), what would people say are the best final episodes you've seen? I'd put forward Six Feet Under. Maybe Star Trek: The Next Generation too.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

ending needed more Sawyer punching things and coming up with comedy nicknames

just sayin'.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    I still quite like the Lost ending, though I acknowledge it was flawed, much like the show itself.

And just to turn this around a bit before everyone starts ranting about Lost again, considering how controversial many final episodes have been in terms of dividing opinion (or just being universally disliked), what would people say are the best final episodes you've seen? I'd put forward Six Feet Under. Maybe Star Trek: The Next Generation too.
    I liked it, but I was a tad confused.

The final episode of Chuck was pretty smashing.
    Aaaaand because I'm a big girl, Desperate Housewives.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post

bro step back
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

TNG's last episode was great. Other conclusions I liked: The West Wing, Arrested Development, Cowboy Bebop, the original run of Futurama.

Lost's final episode wasn't bad, although there were a few mysteries I wish they'd resolved. It probably wouldn't have been possible without extending the run of the show a lot further though. I do wish they had done more with Walt's character.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Most exciting show ever. Always kept you interested. What other show could do that consistently with some REALLY battrout story?

The ending was gay but it was extremely well done. From the opening to the very last scene, it was very captivating.

Lost was at least a good show throughout its entire run (despite a dip in quality in the third season) and is honestly probably one of the best shows in TV history, despite its flaws. Few other shows have managed to continue building as extensive a mythology as Lost did without eventually collapsing under the weight of their own ambition. (Much as I love Battlestar Galactica, I have to admit that it definitely started to do this towards the end of its run, much more so than Lost did. The X-Files, another show I am quite fond of, and which quite clearly influenced Lost, suffered this problem even worse).

I do have to wonder if Lost would've been anywhere near as effective without Michael Giacchino's score though. Pretty much everything that man touches turns to gold.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I lost interest after series three. I'm not even that bothered how it ended.

Too many questions, polar bears, black smoke, numbers etc. Script writers... if you can't answer the questions, then don't write it!

I'm sure some of it was explained but from what I've heard no-one was satisfied.

Most of the important mysteries were addressed actually. A few of them weren't addressed onscreen but nearly all of them have been answered somewhere.

The ending makes it pretty clear that most of the plot had been planned out pretty extensively from nearly the beginning of the show. There is an astounding amount of foreshadowing that viewers will not notice the first time through because of how complicated and unpredictable the story was, but a second viewing will reveal just how much of the plot had to have been planned from the start.

Blog Entries

I never watched Lost and took the thread title to mean that the series was finally ending, and was like wow these guys are really making Tom Hanks look small time.

there was a picture here

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I also only watched Lost after it came on Netflix. The first two seasons were good, though overrated (too many cliches and painfully forced plot points for me). The rest I forced myself to watch to see what happened, just like everyone else.

The ending was terrible, and there are no excuses. The writers had spent 6 seasons making random, wild trout up as they went along just because it sounded cool, with no idea how they happened. This was made blatantly clear at the end, when they... never really resolved anything. The finale redefined "trite" in the dictionary.

Also, I could only take so much of everyone warning everyone else not to listen to the other side or "EVERYONE WILL DIE! THEY'LL KILL EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THE ISLAND!" before I stopped taking any such threats seriously. Seriously, that is said upwards of dozens of times throughout the entire series.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Seeing what happened to Heroes after its first season (and every show since Lost that has been styled as 'the new Lost'), I think Lost did pretty well in the end. As for forcing yourself to watch six seasons of a show, frankly you should probably have bailed out earlier. If a show's an ordeal to watch, it's not really worth watching. Any ending Lost had would have got people ranting anyway, it was that sort of show.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"