Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Laddy Plays Baldur's Gate For Real This Time!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Chapter 2: Coming of the Storm

Quin, despite being completely unprepared, elects to just go on ahead with whatever crap Gorion wants him to do. He just loves his dad, you see.~

Daddy tells Lil' Quinny that if they should ever get seperated, he should head to the Friendly Arm Inn and meet up with some of Gorion's buddies. Like that'll ever happen, though. No foreshadowing here, folks!

Well...this looks ominous...

Oh no.

Oh dear.

Oh crap.

Oh trout! Gorion is a badass! He killed two ogres by himself! Surely this old mothersmurfer can take the metal dude, can't it? Well, no. Because Quin ran away like a pussy as soon as things got bad.

The Armored Guy killed Gorion. But what did he want with Quin?

The next morning, Quin meets up with his friends and despite giving [strike]up and running away[/strike] it his all to save his dear father, he is now with nowhere to turn. Candlekeep won't take him back, especially after deflowering all of the nuns and peeing in the guards' beds. So he must press on into the world he barely knows.

By the way, here's my new party formation. I have the stronger characters up front, save for Jiro, who stays in the back so he doesn't get melee penalties to his awesome bow skills.

Before the party leaves, Quin insists upon heading north a ways but why?

To loot the corpse of his beloved adoptive father and mentor, of course. I mean, why not? It's what he would've wanted!

Didn't Pike's parents tell her dressing like a trollop will attract diseases?

No matter. Jiro kills the poor thing before anyone even reaches it.

Little known fact: The Friendly Arm Inn is in fact a whorehouse, and are particular noted for their high-quality handjobs. The more you know!

After traveling north via the world map, the group reaches the Friendly Arm Inn at night, just in time for its late night specials.

Before heading directly into the Inn, however, the group wraps around to kill some hobgoblins, which Hux and I both take out. Jiro totally played no part here. It was all ours!

Then this ONE GUY comes after our group of six and Jiro promptly drives an arrow into his walnut-sized skull. Sigh. Jiro gets all the fun and dismemberment.

Oh look, there's more! The battle turns into a bit of a clustersmurf, but no one takes any damage, because Quin apparently decided to finally be useful a kill a couple of them. And yes, our hero and paladin is the last person to get his first kill in the party.

So yeah, Quin takes a ring from one of the hobgoblins. But he's no being greedy! He's NEVER do that!

He was just planning to give it back to a woman who's parents felt consonants were overrated! The party even has a reputation increase because of it!

Anyway, the party is almost at the inn. Yay!

Oh, is this one of the rent boys here to greet us? Wait a second, something's wrong here...

Hux is dumb.

This guy's not too tough, but he can be pretty scary if he lets out some tougher spells before you can take him down.

Which the group did, with little issue. However, what did he want with the party, and why are men so eager to find Quin? What's so special bout him? We may never know...

Tune in next time for sex, drugs, and spiders!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, I'm finally a man! Y'see, because I'm a Paladin, I'm all chivalrous and trout, so I wanted everybody else to go first.

I'm not a terrible warrior, I'm just polite.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

First time I ever played BG Tarnesh wiped the floor with me so hard I thought you were meant to lose.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    First time I ever played BG Tarnesh wiped the floor with me so hard I thought you were meant to lose.
    Yeah, he's pretty damn tough for such an early boss. He has very little HP but if you don't take him out quick you're smurfed. I had Pike cast Magic Missile instantly to cancel his Mirror Image and he fell before he could cast Chain Lightning, so I got lucky.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy
    However, what did he want with the party, and why are men so eager to find Quin?
    More importantly, why does everyone think that everyone in the party is Quin except for Quin?

I can only imagine it's because people just assume Sir Quin must be one of the useful party members.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quin is essentially the main character and everyone else is supporting cast, which is why everyone refers to everyone as Quin. I think it's a bug, because sometimes they act like they're talking to Quin and sometimes they don't. Baldur's Gate does have a few minor bugs.

Blog Entries

The greatest thing about this playthrough is also its biggest flaw: you have a custom party. That is good for inserting forum members in, but bad because you miss out on recruiting a cast of awesome, namely Minsc.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Madonna View Post
    The greatest thing about this playthrough is also its biggest flaw: you have a custom party. That is good for inserting forum members in, but bad because you miss out on recruiting a cast of awesome, namely Minsc.
    Yeah, I had a big issue with not being able to get some of my favorite characters, namely Minsc, Dynaheir, Edwin, Imoen, and Kivan. I still think I elected to go with the right choice for this particular LP, but I strongly suggest that anyone who wishes to play this to go ahead and play solo, as the characters who join you party are amongst the best-written in video games.
    Last edited by Laddy; 09-25-2012 at 08:29 AM.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Laddy
    However, what did he want with the party, and why are men so eager to find Quin?
    More importantly, why does everyone think that everyone in the party is Quin except for Quin?

I can only imagine it's because people just assume Sir Quin must be one of the useful party members.
    Please. I'm covered in expensive plate. I'm clearly the only person worth a damn in this party.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I reject the idea that we will fail on our mission. I am clearly invincible, and supported by the likes of Laddy and MILF, we are unstoppable. Quin the pussy wimp can just hang with the women who are relaxing and keeping in fine physical form.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sounds good to me. Have fun with the yeti and the ponce, elf scum!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

sir quin is a smurfin puss
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    sir quin is a smurfin puss

Articles
    Blog Entries

New episode by Sunday. I promise.

Nameleon.