Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Facebook Woes

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    It's actually been proven that the more you go on Facebook the more your own self-esteem shrinks.
    Number of Users Who Actually Enjoy Facebook Down to 4 | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Everyday I learn something new.

For instance, today I learned what ever single god damn person on my visible wall had for breakfast.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Most of my "friends" on Facebook are idiots, as they just post passive-aggressive posts to ambiguous people and bad song lyrics.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Chameleons can't turn just any color they want.

Originally, in college, I joined myspace. I didn't want to join any online social media thing but this chick who I was sort of seeing (she said she already had a boyfriend, so despite being intimate, she wouldn't let me call her my girlfriend), she got me to join myspace to make it easier for us to stay in contact because I didn't always answer my phone. Plus, she saw that I was not very sociable and thought the net was my best option. And no, she didn't get me to join so could stalk me. Her arrogance would never allow her to admit it, but she's really too much of an idiot to know how to stalk somebody without their knowing.

ANYway. I eventually stopped caring about myspace (after I'd gotten my next girlfriend to sign up, which btw she really didn't use it for anything 'cause she'd already had a Twitter account).

After returning from a visit to Canada, I joined Fb for my girlfriend, the third I'd met in as many semesters at the same college. This girl, I'd been with for about two years broke up with me that Christmas. I knew that blow would be coming soon based on the rollercoaster that was our relationship, though I admit it was a bit of an eyegouge of a Christmas present. She and I remain friends, which is easy because friendship was what I'd originally intended when I met her (as I'd already had a girlfriend at the same time). Becoming her boyfriend was more or less an unexpected pleasure.

Soon after I joined Facebook, that other chick, my f-buddy from college, found me on Facebook and did a Janice-take "OH, MY, GOOOOOOD!" Also, my ex and have slowly stopped talking by fb, though she occasionally drops by when she sees I'm on and says "hey".

So, what I've learned is that Facebook is better for game apps than myspace and it's pretty much the only thing it's actually useful for. Though if you have access to free trials from wildtangent or bigfish, fb becomes superfluous.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Having ex girlfriends on your Facebook may provide a source of entertainment when they privately message you, angry at the fact that you are in a happy relationship with someone else. Bonus points if they have already been divorced.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I use facebook to dump lyrics from whatever song I am listening to or that is playing in my head at the time. All of my facebook friends adore me and I never get complaints from doing this, ever.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    I use facebook to dump lyrics from whatever song I am listening to or that is playing in my head at the time. All of my facebook friends adore me and I never get complaints from doing this, ever.
    The silent majority wants you dead for doing that. Just an FYI.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

No, Shorty has good taste in music. She doesn't post trout song lyrics.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

Facebook. PFft. GOOGLE+ GUISE.

Seriously, though. Facebook didn't used to be so bad.

Now I log on and see all this religious stuff, and these posts that back in the day were sent in emails (IF YOU BREAK THIS CHAIN, YOU WILL HAVE BAD LUCK FOR A BAJILLION YEARS)

It's kind of lame, anymore. I use mine to post somewhat-important stuff.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I actually went on Facebook for the first time in twelve months on Saturday. I immediately realised why I left in the first place. The main reasons being thus...

- The ridiculous amount of people that use the expression 'lol'
    - Being forced to 'like' a picture of a cute kitten otherwise kittens all over the world will die of rabies or something.
    - The horrific levels of spelling and grammar.

To be fair, Facebook is a great tool for keeping in touch with people all over the world. I'm just not keen on pretty much everything else it has to offer. Apologies to anyone on here that has requested me as a friend. I'm still steering well clear of it!

i use bakebook to amuse myself. ive rarely cared about anyone else on it or how any of what i do may affect them unless im attempting to covertly wind them up as is my wont. its a nonsense place

Articles
    Blog Entries

My most irritating irk is stuff like this:

Annoying Meme.png

I find at least one of these every time I log on Facebook. They are only marginally amusing, even worse are the ones that are for good causes (Example instead geared for Twitter)

Look, I realize the point of all this, and so I can't be tooo critical, but is sharing, liking or commenting on a picture really going to help cure cancer/illness/famine/other unfortunate tragedy?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Look, I realize the point of all this, and so I can't be tooo critical, but is sharing, liking or commenting on a picture really going to help cure cancer/illness/famine/other unfortunate tragedy?
    Absolutely. Not to be cynical, but stuff like this irritates the tit out of me. She is obviously beautiful. Everyone who is alive... and has eyes would agree. Surely donating/raising money would be more useful than clicking once to feel better about yourself.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Facebook is my guilty pleasure. It's useful for sharing information without having to contact everyone individually and accidentally miss someone, but on the flipside, if you forgot so-and-so could see your facebook, it could lead to disaster. -_-

My main use for it is keeping in contact with family and friends so they can see how i'm doing and vice versa. For my friends who live farther away and can't visit me, they'll be able to see pictures of my wedding and my little guy after he arrives.