Thread: Olympic Triple Triad Tournament

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Olympic Triple Triad Tournament

Continuing with our 25th anniversary Olympiad, I'm here to bring you the only event that makes any sense for FFVIII:

Triple Triad

The rules are simple:
    - Players will be randomly assigned a placing in the tournament brackets
    - Winners move on to subsequent rounds and losers get participation awards (not really)
    - Play continues until we have two finalists who will duke it out for the Gold. The two players who fail to make it into the finals will play for third place.

The tournament format is single elimination. Each round will be a single game for expediency. Semi-finals will be best of three. Finals will be best of five. All games are will be played using the Forums triple triad feature so all anyone needs is to buy a deck or two and play. After each game is complete, if both players can post the results here that would be wonderful so I can keep track of the winners.

In three or four days I will end the signup phase so I can make up the brackets and people can get started. So sign up early folks to make sure you get in. Current signups are below.

Tournament brackets:

Prelim:
    Vivi22 versus Goldenboko

Now the first round brackets will go as follows:
    1. Winner of prelim. Vivi22
    1. Jiro

2. Gamblet
    2. Rantz

3. Shauna
    3. Tifa's Boobs

4. Karifean
    4. Quin

Game rules are as follows:
    Quote Originally Posted by Flambard D'Quinceteth View Post
    You should play with everything activated (Same, Same Wall, Plus, Combo, Closed) except the troutty ones (Elementary, Random). This effectively levels the playing field, regardless of what level cards are being used.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 10-08-2012 at 04:06 PM.